Marshall had no memory of his past, but when he meets a man who claims to be his original owner, such a happy reunion will have to wait as destiny calls for him.
You can read this fanfic here.
This PAW Patrol Fanfic contains examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: Shares none of the backstory present in HavocHound's other works Marshall Gone Missing and Zuma's Fear.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: Marshall and Travis' lucky pendant - it can protect you and trap demons in The Void.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: The demons definitely qualify.
- Bargain with Heaven: Travis' ancestors did this in order to stop the demons from hell
- Dark Is Evil: The demons are prime examples of this trope.
- Deal with the Devil: Lots of people have done this, ultimately causing mayhem (the serious type, not the type we're used to) around Coastal City.
- Death of a Puppy: Everest, along with Jake, died in Chapter 25, caused by the evil demons from hell.
- Ryder was executed in Chapter 30, in a very gruesome way that will never be allowed in a PG-13 movie.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Played Straight with Travis and Marshall's biological parents. They were both killed during their tragic backstory, all caused by the evil demons from hell.
- Eldritch Abomination: The demons from hell are like this.
- Flying Car: The PAW Patroller has a 'Vertibird' mode which allows it to fly, seen exclusively in this fanfic.
- Hell-Fire: The demons use this type of fire. Oddly, its color was never mentioned in the story at all.
- Heroic Blue Screen of Doom: All of the pups (minus Everest (she's dead now), Tracker (He's with Carlos), and Rex (Having fun with dinosaurs) have this as Ryder was abducted by an evil demon.
- Holy Water: Mentioned many times in the story.
- Metropolis: Coastal City is a prime example of this, with skyscrapers 77 feet above the top of your head and beautiful resorts you'll never forget your stay at (assuming nothing bad happens, that is).
- Reality Is Out to Lunch: Sirius Island How could Ice Caps, deserts, and Jungles be right next to each other and stay that way?
- Sinister Scythe: The demon that caused the fire in Chapter 2 had one of these, made out of burnt human flesh.
- Wreathed in Flames: Same demon from Chapter 2 has this trait.