Together they fight crime.
Unmarked spoilers below.
Officer Hess contains the following tropes:
- The Ace: The only reason why Officer Hess still has a job.
- Affably Evil: How Thomas comes across when trying to offer Hebert a job.
- Artistic License Law
- A-Team Firing
- Armor Is Useless: Averted, is specifically noted by Sophia that she wouldve died without it.
- Chekhov's Army
- Chekhov's Gun: Hesss car is very temperamental and is a key part of the story.
- Chekhov's Gunman: More like Chekhovs racoon!
- Cowboy Cop: While Hess seems like this at first, both cops have shades of this.
- Drowning My Sorrows
- Fire-Forged Friends
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Or as Hess might put it, bad cop, badass cop.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Odd Couple
- Salt and Pepper
- Stuff Blowing Up: The world seems to run on this trope.
- They Fight Crime!
- Wham Line: Now hand in your guns and badges, get out of my office, I have a police force to run and a funeral to plan.