Night Of The Vent was publised April Eleventh 2015 on fanfiction.net. It is a Five Nights At Freddy's Fanfic that follows the events of Nolan's Fourth Night As A Security Guard at Fazbear's Fright. The Official Summary:"The fourth night at Fazbear's Fright had been an odd one, by anyone's standards. Tensions are high, and the hallucination count is even higher. Can Nolan make it through the night? Will his sanity? And what's up with Springtrap? Find out!"The story highlights Nolan's paranoia which buds from Springtrap's inactivity that night. Somehow, he screams, hallucinates, and wets his pants through the fourth night.
Tropes visibly inactive this night are:
- Air-Vent Passageway: Where Springtrap is for the entire shift(Save the beginning)
- Creature of Habit: One explanation to Nolan's panic attack of Springtrap staying in the vent is that he's so used to Springtrap trying to attack him that when he doesn't, he's severly shaken.
- All There in the Manual: It's never stated, but on the profile page we learn his full name is Nolan Fitzgerald. Maybe being a security guard at a haunted facility runs in the family...
- Companion Cube: Nolan's only companion throughout the night is an empty Freddy suit that he talks to.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Nolan vs. Phantoms. The phantoms quickly outnumber him and jumpscare him several times before he loses what little cool he had left and screams at them. After that he gets jumpscared again, but then they level off and only come back every five minutes or so.
- Have You Tried Rebooting?: Nolan wonders if this is the case and reboots the security cameras. Subverted when it's not the case.
- Freak Out!: Big time.
- It's Quiet... Too Quiet: Nolan reacts pretty strongly to the whole "Springtrap not moving around thing"
- Nervous Wreck: Poor Nolan.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: "EXCEPT EVENTUALLY HE'S GONNA COME AND ATTACK ME AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO DO A SINGLE THING TO STOP IT!!" What's funny about it is, the sheer volume of is voice caused the foundation to actually SHAKE.