With Naruto's encouragement and a solemn promise he'll take care of the children while she's gone, Hinata agrees to take a kind of vacation with her old team. Team 8 sets course for NGL, happy to be on a mission together once more, even if it is something as mundane as investigating insects. They have no idea what is waiting for them in the world beyond their own.
Crossing over the very similar yet different series of Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto and Hunter x Hunter by Yoshihiro Togashi, Myrmidon by Ser Serendipity focuses not only on the fast paced action of both universes, but the cultural differences as well.
This series provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: Hinata cant help but worry about her family while shes on her mission. While they arent in danger themselves, the idea of her dying in a foreign land and leaving them without a mother creeps into her thoughts the more danger she faces.
- Badass Family: The Uzumaki Family. With the husband being the strongest ninja in the world, the wife an heiress to the strongest clan in their home village, and two precious kids who are naturally talented compared to their parents at a similar age.
- CurbStomp Battle: Meruem's fight against the Hunters and the Shinobi after chasing them. The reason why it's such a curbstomp is that they were nearly defeated by a single shadow clone
- Sasuke vs the Royal Guard. Sasuke takes them out in two moves.
- The Cavalry: Shino is this to Hinata when shes ambushed by Neferpitou.
- Divide and Conquer: The Hunter Organizations plan in dealing with the Ant threat.
- Evil Gloating: Practically an Ant requirement, regardless of the losses theyve faced.
- From Bad to Worse: Not only is the King still born, like in canon, but the King now has chakra.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: In spectacular fashion. While they achieve greater success than in canon against the initial Ant Forces, they also fall prey to a Simple, yet Awesome counter attack by the Ants due to some overconfidence. Neferpitou rips off Shinos arm and badly injured Hinata, thus allowing the King access to Chakra on the scale of Tailed Beasts.
- Horrifying the Horror: Due to Hinatas constant surveillance of the Ant Hive, theyve built her up to be a boogeyman equivalent known as The Watcher.
- It's All About Me: Practically Mereums slogan
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Hinatas Rotation technique saves her life more than few times.
- Made of Iron: Hunters, Ninjas, and Ants all qualify. Their fights typically involve abilities and attacks that would pulp normal people. The stronger of characters such a as Netero, Hinata with Hamuras chakra, and the King exceed even others of their kind.
- No-Sell: The King tanks a direct Gentle Fist blow to the face by Hinata, and shows no signs of it registering as anything other than an annoyance. Since Gentle Fist was created as a way to disrupt chakra pathways while inducing organ damage, and shown to work on even Nen... she is quite alarmed.
- Obstructive Zealot: Clara. Considering she synced up her mind into the Hunter universes form of the God Tree, this is to be almost expected.
- Poor Communication kills: Its not easy, but Team 8 specifically wants to avoid this from occurring while working with the Hunters. Its not completely successful, but points for trying.
- The Reveal: Oh so many. Team 8 reveals their inter dimensional origins to the Hunter Association. There are multiple Shinju in this dimension as well. The King has chakra.
- Sadist: Barring one or two notable exceptions, most Ants we see enjoy inflicting pain on humans and each other.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Despite superficial similarities, there some major differences in how the Hunters and Ninja operate, cultural and ideological issues, and plenty of secrets held from each other when they initially start working together.