My Little Jurassic Park is, as the title suggests, Jurassic Park as told by the cast of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. It is written by our very own CJ Croen 1393 and can be read here.
The story follows the plot of the film fairly closely whilst still trying to keep the characters close to their roots. Princess Celestia has decided to open a dinosaur amusement park and calls in Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy to take a look at it. Naturally, everything that can go wrong does go wrong and the ponies are caught up in an escaped dinosaur rampage.
- Adaptational Villainy: Prince Blueblood fills the role of Dennis Nedry here. While he's by no means pleasant in canon, there's nothing to suggest he would willingly betray the royal family for any reason.
- Amoral Attorney: Trixie, who plays Gennaro's role in the story.
- Artistic License – Paleontology: Largely reversed, though the Author's Notes establish that there will be some Acceptable Breaks from Reality here and there.
- Big Bad Ensemble: The main antagonist, like the film, is a rogue dinosaur. The role of Lewis Dodgeson is a "surprise" that will be revealed in the end.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Pinkie Pie, as usual. She claims that the base concept of Jurassic Park would "make a great book, movie or bad crossover fanfiction" and later reminds Rainbow Dash that they're in a family program when she's about to swear.
- Decomposite Character: Rainbow Dash and Discord both play Ian Malcolm's role.
- Feathered Fiend: The Deinonychus and the T. rex.
- Friend to All Living Things: Fluttershy, as per usual, loves animals. And dinosaurs are no exception.
- Raptor Attack: Largely averted with the Deinonychus so far.
- Take That!: The Gender Bender plot twist from the original film is given one of these when Luna scoffs at the idea of using West African frog DNA in the dinosaurs' genetic code.