My Hero Academia: Green Tea Tales by Black_Fuego_Rio is a series of one-shots that deal with the life and relationship between Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka. It takes place about a couple of months after the Internship Arc.
This series contains examples of:
- First-Name Basis: After Taking the Bullet for Uraraka (see below) Midoriya begins to call her by her given name sometimes. She begins to do so as well, occasionally.
- Freudian Slip: Happens a couple of times, especially during the first one-shot.
- This is how Uraraka ended up confessing to Deku, though we didn't get to see it. It stunned both them, one thing let to another, and it was Izuku of all people that requested that they be together. She happily agreed.
- A couple of these happen during a trip to an amusement park in Family Fun and Family Thoughts. The most notably was Deku saying that "it would be nice to have a family together someday." Naturally, both he and Uraraka become blushing messes that were unable to form a single sentence due to embarrassment.
- Official Couple: As the series goes on a few of these start to develop. So far we have Midoriya/Uraraka, Hagakure/Ojiro, Asui/Tokoyami, and Ashido/Kirishima.
- Secret Keeper: By the 7th entry in the series, Reflections of an Old Symbol, Uraraka becomes one of the few to know about One For All. After the Taking the Bullet incident (see below), Midoriya asks All Might if he could tell Uraraka, having realized just how short their lives could be as Heroes and that she deserves to know. After some thought, All Might agrees. While she admits it was a lot to take in, she's proud of Midoriya. She even thanks All Might for giving him a chance.
- Ship Tease: Aside from the official couples in the series, there are also subtle hints of Todoroki/Yaoyorozu, Jirou affectionately calls Kaminari "Jamming-Whey", which doesn't bother him as much as it original did, and Mina teases Bakugou about him being friends with Camie, surprisingly enough. Also, during the one-shot Family Fun and Family Thoughts, Eri mentions how Eraserhead looks less scary when Mandalay visits with Kota.
- As shown with the author's other works, his preferred ships are Midoriya Izuku/Uraraka Ochako, Hatsume Mei/Iida Tenya, Ashido Mina/Kirishima Eijirou, Asui Tsuyu/Tokoyami Fumikage, Jirou Kyouka/Kaminari Denki, Bakugou Katsuki/Utsushimi Camie, Todoroki Shouto/Yaoyorozu Momo, Eraserhead/Mandalay, and Iida Tensei (Ingenium)/Todoroki Fuyumi.
- Kirishima is apparently a fan of Gurren Lagann (because of course he is), having gotten Uraraka hooked on it. She likes it because Simon reminds her of Deku.
- The one-shot Of Dance Floors and King's Games is basically one big recreation of the king's game scene from Persona 4, right down to the reasons the kids got drunk too! A combination of the atmosphere (like in P4) and someones Quirk which causes a placebo effect. Todoroki even acts like Yu Narukami of the anime when he got drunk!
- Taking the Bullet: In the one-shot Duty and Sacrifice, Midoriya takes an attack from a villain meant for Uraraka. It nearly kills him, but he recovers.