With the curse broken Belle and her true love Rumplestiltskin are free to continue on their mission to find his long lost son. But like everything in their lives, the path to Baelfire isn't a straight one, and they will need each other more than ever to overcome the numerous obstacles that they will encounter. But no one ever said true love was easy. Unofficial sequel to Mr and Mrs Gold.
The fanfic can be found on Fanfiction.net.
Mr and Mrs Gold provides examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: Alternate to The Golds.
- Better the Devil You Know: Snow and David admit that it is a lot better dealing with Mr. Gold and Belle because they classify as consensual villains; they mind their own business and only do what they do when invited and/or openly provoked, unlike the likes of Regina and King George who generally cause trouble of their own accord.
- Bi the Way: Katja is flexible.
- Continuity Nod: Aurora finds out about Belle the same way Belle found out about Rumpelstiltskin: a Slumber Party at the same finishing school. The only real difference being that both Rumpelstiltskin and the Caretaker decide it would be funny to actually show up when they were called upon, hence how Aurora was able to identify her on sight when they were sucked out of Storybrooke.
- For Want of a Nail: Just like in the last story, certain events dont quite go as they do thanks to the differences in Belles character and her impact on the story at large.
- Belle winds up being sucked into the Enchanted Forest with Snow and Emma.
- Due to his good relations with Belle, she frees Sidney from the asylum right after the curse breaks.
- Because Belle was not kept a slave in the asylum through the entirety of the Dark Curse, Rumpelstiltskin did not curse Regina with the Wraith, thus Prince Philip did not have his should sucked out, thus he remains to help impact the story.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Gold and Rose celebrate their first night since the curse broken through a quick romp before the Charmings decide to break down their door and catch them with their pants down. It was their own fault, really.
- Morality Pet: Much like in-canon, Belle had to convince Gold not to burn the whole town down to the ground when Ruby and Leroy made her feel unwelcome after regaining their memories.
- Parlor Games: In an odd variation of the whole Blood Mary schtick, one of the girls at the Slumber Party at Winters Pass Finishing Academy for Young Girls is dared into summoning the Caretaker. Odds are they did not think she would actually appear as they did.
- Retcon: To better fit the plot of the show's second season, certain aspects of the Cliffhanger ending of Mr and Mrs Gold were changed, most notably Belle's surprise pregnancy. To those who want to see a story without these retcons, see The Golds.
- Shot-for-Shot Remake: The part where Belle telekinetically shoves Regina as a show of intimidation in The Golds is here too.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Downplayed. It is thanks to Regina, that the general populace think the Caretaker is just as evil as they perceive Rumpelstiltskin to be. Because of this, Belle tries to make the most of it and have a little fun frightening people that make fun of it.
- Villains Out Shopping: Can best be described by the Charming after seeing the Golds morning routine.
- Why Can't I Hate You?: Aurora questions this when she notices that not only is no one Elsa afraid of Belle, but she finds Belle being suer nice about it.