A Birthright/Worm crossover, by Leliel. Taylor kills a monster and inherits its power. The universe is never going to be the same again. Can be found on fanfiction here, on Archive of Our Own here, and on Spacebattles here and here.
Warning: Story provides spoilers for Worm.
This series provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: where the awnsheghlien come from.
- Ax-Crazy: Chimaera, first awnshegh antagonist Taylor encounters as Adrasteia.
- Body Horror:This is how Amy feels after becoming awnshegh
- Cuteness Proximity: Vista meets Tybalt
- Divine Parentage: An awnshegh is a person with a heritage from the god of Darkness.
- Doing In the Wizard: Dragon explains everything magic in scientific sounding terms.
- Dreaming of Times Gone By: When she gets her powers Taylor dreams of the origins of the awnsheghlien.
- Familiar: Taylor gets one when she becomes a witch]]
- Femme Fatalons: Taylor has them on hands and feet.
- In Name Only: The crossover at times. The author feels absolutely no problem with stealing things from other Dungeons & Dragons settings or Pathfinder if he thinks it helps the story, though the core is Birthright.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Piggot's reaction to all of this.
- Living Lie Detector: Taylors main power, manifests as smelling sin.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: The word awnsheghlien was misspelled for a long time. Actually brought up in character as a frequent mispronunciation.
- Summon Magic: Chimaera summons some reinforcements.Taylor responds in kind
- Tears of Blood: acid tears that appear whenever Taylor gets mad.
- Telepathy: Both Amy and the doppelganger Nex'rik possess this. People are not comfortable with this.
- The Cavalry: Unusually The Legions of Hell get to play this role in the fight against Chimera.
- Villainous Lineage: Par for the course in D&D, and awnsheghlien are called out as having aggressive and territorial natures that lend themselves to becoming a Manipulative Bastard.
- Voice of the Legion: The Chimaera tends to sPeAk LiKe ThIs in her monster form.
- Winged Humanoid: Adrasteia has wings and they work.
- You Kill It, You Bought It: Bloodtheft, ie how Taylor got her powers. She wasn't happy about that.