Marc Anciel didn't think of his face or his attitude to be something to carve a deep impression in the minds of those who meet him. And that was a good thing.
After suffering from a horrible incident in his previous school, Marc arrives to Collége François Dupont with the firm decision of only assisting to class, getting good grades and making friends if possible. His plan however, is thrown off the window the exact second Nathaniel Kurtzberg makes an entrance in his life, bringing back memories of pain...
The fanfic can be found on Archive of Our Own.
Mon Arc-en-Ciel provides examples of:
- Adaptational Sexuality: While Nathaniel's sexuality is never expressly mentioned in the source material, the closest we are given is his interest in Marinette. Here, it is implied that he unknowingly reciprocates Marc's feelings for him.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Before he became a student at Collége François Dupont, Marc was made a victim of a Homophobic Hate Crime, nearly dying from the various wounds inflicted on him and leaving him with various permanent scars across his body. Just to rub salt in the wound, the guy that led the assault was Marc's then crush.
- Fag Hag: Marinette has inadvertently become this to Marc, now the only other student who knows Marc's crush on Nathaniel and his Dark and Troubled Past.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Implied to be the case with Nathaniel's feelings for Marc.Nathaneal: I have to admit I was a little confused when I realized I liked you, I won't lie, but when I started to ask myself if I was uncomfortable liking another man but I found I was ok only if it is you.
- Memento MacGuffin: Turns out that the journal that would eventually become Le Journal de Ladybug was given to him by his mother as he was in the hospital, using as a form of art therapy for his fragile emotional state after what happened to him. This adds a lot more weight to when Nathaniel ripped it up in "Reverser".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Honey Cheesecake seems to be Marc's favorite.