After stealing the Skathe-Hrün from Angor Rot, Claire learns that she gained more than just a valuable weapon: the assassin's attention, too.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: At school, Strickler keeps the guise of a good man in front of the three to keep suspicion low. When he speaks with Claire in private, he keeps to the topic of her studies like the Cool Teacher he plays as and points out that despite the animosity he has with Jim, he assures her that he does not feel the same to her and Toby.
- Comically Missing the Point: Toby thought that the inferna copula was Strickler going through a "mid-life crisis fashion statement."
- When he sees Claire exhausted and nervous after Angor Rot visits her the previous night Toby thinks that the Skathe-Hrün is using its dark magic to turn her into a zombie.
- Fake Period Excuse: In order to get Toby to leave her alone about his accusations of turning evil (see Comically Missing the Point), she tells him that she's being irritable because she is on her period. It shuts him up immediately.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Having been imprisoned for hundreds of years, Angor Rot is a little behind when it comes to certain terms and customs, like when he referred to Claire as Jim's "consort."
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Unlike in the show, Angor makes it very clear that he has no respect for changelings, only having to put up with Strickler because he has his soul.
- Speak of the Devil: Angor Rot is so feared among trolls that it is believed that saying his name would invite curses on the speaker. Granted this is just superstition, but his reputation precedes him.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: To ensure Claire does not bail out on their deal, Angor marks Claire just like he did Jim.