After having successfully keeping her identity a secret as well as from her partner Cat Noir, Marinette/Ladybug gives into him one night. Not knowing the true identity of Chat Noir, Marinette struggles to keep an even larger secret. As the months go on Marinette worries that her secret could put her in serious danger, as well as the new life she is now obligated to protect
The story is then continued in Miraculous: Marinette's Predicament.
Miraculous: Marinette's baby provides examples of:
- Emotion Eater: Smoke Girl feeds on negative emotions, much of her actions done to satiate this. Since she was akumatized because of Chloe, she would keep her locked away in an underground lair to feed off of her in her off-time. Marinette's angst over her pregnancy made her a recurring target during their battles, and Adriens angst after Marinette breaking up with him after Gabriel essentially disowned his unborn grandchild in-front of them led to her capturing him.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Discounting the time they wound up conceiving Louis, Marinette and Adrien practically go at it like rabbits as soon as they make-up. Granted, Marinette is pretty deep into her pregnancy at this point, so of course her hormones would be all over the place.
- I Have No Son!: Despite the fact that Adrien wants the baby and is fully willing to raise it, Gabriel thoroughly Un-persons his unborn grandson, believing that it would ruin his son's future. It is the part when Gabriel refers to the baby as "it" that really clinches it for Marinette.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: While being with Adrien would make her happy, she breaks it off with Adrien after she hears his argument with his father, believing that she would be taking away his future otherwise.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Much of the story has Marinette unwilling to tell her parents who the father is (mostly because she was not sure who Chat Noir was).
- Teen Pregnancy: After a heated night, Marinette winds up pregnant with Chat Noir's baby. While she does not plan on keeping it, a mix of her parents goading and the reveal that not only is the father of her child Adrien, but that he intends on being there for them leads her to decide to keep him.