The Marevel Alternate Universe or MAU, is another retelling of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and other Marvel films, using characters from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, originally created by EngineGear. Inspired by the works of Avenging-Hobbits and TheInvincibleIronBrony
Phase One acts as both the first wave of stories and functions to act as a foundation for subsequent stories. It focuses almost exclusively on the Mane Six and their origins as superheroes.
- Iron Mare: Genius. Billionaire. Playmare. Philanthropist. Industrialist. Inventor. Rainbow Dash is all of these things and none of these things. On second thought, she's all of them fused together. While on a military tour across the Arabian deserts to present her new weapons, Rainbow Dash's convoy comes under fire by an ambush set up by terrorists. They capture and force her to build devastating weapons for them. Instead, she builds an armored suit and escapes her captors. Returning to Equestria, Dash decides to fight crime and terrorism as the IRON MARE.
- The Incredible Flutterhulk: Fluttershy is the nicest pony around....her "other side" however, is an entirely different story. Thanks to a gamma ray experiment gone wrong, Fluttershy transformed into a big, green monster with lots of anger issues. After accidentally injuring her fiance, Snowflake, and earning the hatred of his aunt, General Harshwhinny, Fluttershy is forced to go on the run. That was five years ago. Out of hiding, Fluttershy must come out of the shadows and face a new threat.
- Iron Mare 2: Whiplash: Six months after revealing her dual life as an armored superhero, billionaire inventor Rainbow Dash faces three issues: pressure from the government, who demands her to share her technology with the military, her palladium poisoning killing her slowly, and an insane fashion genius who is intent on ending her life. Somehow, Rainbow Dash can't seem to get a break.
- Spark: Princess of Storms: Twilight Sparkle Lightmaden, the granddaughter of Celestia, is a stubborn, yet noble, self-proclaimed protector of the nine realms. Celestia announces her as a worthy successor to the throne, but Changelings break into the Vault on the day of Twilight's coronation. After instigating another war with the Changelings, Twilight is banished to Equestria. While Twilight's sister, Trixie, plots to take the throne, Twilight Sparkle, now stripped of her wings, horn, and cutie mark, must learn about humility, friendship, and love if she will be able to return home.
- Captain Equestria: Harmony's First Avenger: Set 70 years before Iron Mare, Equestria is caught into a world war between Rushia and Germaney. Applejack wants to do her part and join Equestria's armed forces, but the military rejects her because of her frail stature and health issues. Applejack finally gets her chance when she's accepted into an experimental program that turns her into a super-soldier. Joining forces with her sister Applebloom, Agent Thunder Mustang, and the Buckaroo Commandos, Captain Equestria leads the fight against HYDRA, a terrorist military organization bent on world domination.
- Harmony's Avengers: A top-secret peacekeeping organization, codenamed W.I.N.G.S., gains access to the Crystal Heart, an artifact of infinite power, hoping to unlock limitless energy. Unfortunately, their experiments attract the attention of Trixie Lulamoon, who plans on using it to conquer Equestria, along with her army, the Gnauslhua. Spitfire, director of W.I.N.G.S., initiates a superhero team to combat the unprecedented threat. Now it's up to a billionaire inventor with an ego, a shy and timid scientist with a dark secret, two master assassins, a powerful Equinsgardian, and a legendary super soldier to save the day. Together, they must set aside their differences, conflicting personalities, and motivations and work together if they hope to save Equestria (....and maybe go out for Shawarma.)
Phase Two focuses on the Mane Six again, this time going on their separate adventures, and the aftermath of their post-Battle of Manehattan exploits.
- Iron Mare 3: Extremis: Six months after the Battle of Manehattan, Rainbow Dash is still plagued with PTSD since saving Manehattan from destruction. She's now more dependent on the suits that give her Iron Mare persona meaning, affecting her personal relationship with Soarin, and her close companion, Scootaloo. After a malevolent enemy reduces her personal world to rubble, Dash must rely solely on instinct and ingenuity to avenge her losses and protect her loved ones.
- Spark: The Discorded World: During the ancient times, Equinsgard fought against the Knuah'ol, a chimera-like changelings subrace, winning the war. The survivors were neutralized, and their ultimate weapon — an elixir known as the Aether — was buried in a secret location. Hundreds of years later, Flash Sentry finds the Aether hidden in Trottiningham and becomes its host. Seeking revenge, Chrysalis plans to capture him and uses the weapon to destroy the Nine Realms — including Equestria. It's up to Twilight Sparkle to save the day before the entire universe in engulfed in darkness.
- Captain Equestria: The Winter Filly: Following the events of the Battle of Manehattan, Applejack, aka Captain Equestria, lives in Hoofington D.C. as she tries to adjust to modern times. An attack on Spitfire leaves her in critical condition, throwing Applejack into a web of intrigue that places the whole world at risk. Joining forces with Rarity and new allies, Big Macintosh and Agent Caramel, Applejack struggles to expose a conspiracy within W.I.N.G.S., but she and her team soon come up against an unexpected enemy.
- Gallopers of the Galaxy: Zephyr Breeze is a thief and criminal, raised by the Rancors, the lowest and dangerous criminal organization in the galaxy. Indigo Zap, the galaxy's dangerous assassin, wants to free herself from her adopted family's tyranny. Dumbbell seeks vengeance against the ones who killed his family. Angel Rocket and Groot just want to collect bounties. When a powerful artifact resurfaces and threatens the galaxy, these five misfits must work together to stop Tirek, a warlord, from destroying the galaxy.
- Harmony's Avengers: Age of Soltron: When Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy jump-start a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry for Equestrias mightiest heroes, and now the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. Along the way, they encounter two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. As the villainous Soltron emerges, it is up to Harmony's Avengers to stop him from enacting his plans of mass extinction.
- Ant-Colt: Forced out of his own company by his former protégé Parish Nandermane, Dr. Filthy Rich, and his wife Spoiled Rich recruit the talents of Snails, a young expert thief released from juvenile detention. Snails must take the mantle of Ant-Colt, trained by Rich and armed with a suit that allows him to shrink in size, possess super strength and control an army of ants. The miniature hero must use his new skills to prevent Parish from perfecting the same technology and using it to create the Yellowjacket, a weaponized suit of mass destruction.
Phase Three focuses on the aftermath of Soltron's extinction attack. With public opinion of superheroes becoming increasingly divided, Harmony's Avengers become fragmented. In the midst of their turmoils, a number of new superheroes emerge and the quest for the Infinity rystals is drawn to a close in this saga.
- Captain Equestria: Civil War: One year has passed since the Battle of Griffinstone; Applejack and Rarity are now leading a new team of Harmony's Avengers. But after another incident results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install the Griffinstone Accords, a set of agreements headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures Harmony's Avengers, resulting in two sidesApplejack's desire to remain free to defend Equestria without government interference, and Rainbow Dashs decision to support government oversight and accountability. When Applejack's long lost sister, Applebloom, is framed for several bombings, she must find the real perpetrator in order to prove her sister's innocence.
- Doctor Pants: Doctor Fancy Pants is one of Equestria's renown surgeons, skilled at general, orthopedic, and neurological surgery; arrogant, yet brilliant. His life changes forever after a horrific car accident caused extensive nerve damage to his hooves. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place known as Iram. He quickly learns that this is not just a place for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces. Before long Fancy Pants — armed with newly acquired magical powers - must set aside his past and defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.
- Gallopers of the Galaxy Vol.2: Two months after their grand adventure, the Gallopers travel throughout the cosmos, struggling to keep their newfound family together while helping Zephyr Breeze learn more about his true bloodline.
- Spider-Colt: Homecoming: Following the events of Captain Equestria: Civil War, Tender Taps returns to his normal life; dealing with high school, while secretly fighting crime as a masked vigilante, under the watchful eye of his new mentor Rainbow Dash. When the villainous Vulture emerges, Taps must stop this sinister professional criminal from terrorizing the city.
- Spark: Ragnarok: After the events of Griffinstone, Twilight Sparkle finds herself imprisoned in an another world without her hammer. There, she must defeat Flutterhulk in a gladiatorial duel in order to return to Equinsgard to stop the villainous Mane-iac and the impending Ragnarok.
- Black Jaguar: When two enemies conspire to bring down the kingdom of Zekanda, Zecora must team up, as the Black Jaguar, with federal agent Svengallop and Zekanda's special forces, in order to prevent a world war.
- Harmony's Avengers: Infinity War: After years of planning behind the scenes, Nightmare Moon is now planning her own quest to amass the Infinity Crystals for a gauntlet that will grant her dominion over space, time, and all reality, making its wearer near-omnipotent. Now the Avengers of Harmony must join forces with the Gallopers of the Galaxy and defeat Nightmare Moon before all life in the universe is destroyed.
Due to the projected size, side stories and spin-off are frequently used to help fill in the gaps and tell a story that otherwise might not be enough to carry an entire full-length story.
- Longbox One-Shots: Book 1: A short story series of various one-shots to help expand the Marevel Alternate Universe.
- The Counselor: Agent Spike and the Flam brothers must come up with a plan to keep Gilda out of the Heroes Initiative.
- A Funny Thing Happened on the way to Twilight's Hammer: Spike stops a mini mart robbery on his way to Appleloosa.
- Item 51: Set right after the events of Harmony's Avengers, a down-on-their-luck couple finds a discarded Gnauslhua gun and decide to rob a few banks. Agents Flim and Flam are sent in to retrieve the weapon and "neutralize" the couple. Disaster and hilarity ensue.
- Agent Mustang: Three years after the events of Captain Equestria: Harmony's First Avenger, Thunder Mustang is now a rookie member of the Strategic Reserve Division, stuck compiling data instead of working field cases while facing indifference from his superiors and treated condescendingly. When an important case line mission calls about a secret weapon, Mustang goes on a solo mission to prove his worth.
- Longbox One-Shots: Book 2: A three part series, this time, explaining the origins of how Pinkie Pie and Rarity first met in Bridlepest.
- Spitfire's Long Week: Prequel to Harmony's Avengers: The Equestrian Security Council not only cancelled the surveillance of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but they've shut down W.I.N.G.S.' search for Captain Equestria's crashed plane in the frozen north, in favor of exploiting the Crystal Heart via Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. With only one week until her position is revoked, Spitfire must find a way to turn the tables on the Council.
Marevel Alternate Universe tropes in multiple stories that contain:
- Action Mare: Most of the main six.
- Adaptational Heroism: Zephyr Breeze, who in the show is a Manipulative Bastard, Narcissist, and a slacker. The MAU version keeps those same attributes, with some Anti-Hero mixed in, but more like a Jerk with a Heart of Gold and fits the role of Star-Lord.
- Indigo Zap is a Shadowbolt, an opposite to the Wondercolts in the Equestria Girls show. Here, she has a Dark and Troubled Past, trained to be an assassin by Tirek, and forced her to kill on his behalf, earning her title of "The Deadliest Assasin in the Galaxy."
- Blueblood is the counterpart of Fandral, one of the Warriors Three, keeps his narcissist attitude, and is married to Trixie.
- Adaptational Villainy: Gilda is a jerk in the show. Here, she's a bigger jerk, power-hungry, and a Blood Knight with signs of mental instability, taking the role of Emil Blonsky aka Abomination (which only gets worse after taking the serum).
- Ahuizotl is the Mandarin.
- Cheerilee is the Composite Character counterpart to the Lizard and The Leader, but more like an Anti-Villain.
- Canon Hoity Toity? A slightly snobby fashion critic. MA Universe's Hoity Toity? Armin Zola.
- Canon Gustav is a kindly baker. Here, he's a sociopath who seeks power through The Crystal Heart. and he's the Red Skull.
- Frederick Horseshoepin is a piano player in the TV show. Here he has the role of Alexander Pierce, a mole working for HYDRA.
- Upper Crust and Jet Set are not just a snobby married couple who live in Canterlot in the show, here, they're both Corrupt Corporate Executive, taking the combined roles for Justin Hammer.
- Suri Polomare is a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing in the show. In Iron Mare she's presented as a Corrupt Corporate Executive and Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Sapphire Shores is a fashion designer. Here, she's the ex-convict, technical genius, and revenge-driven counterpart of Ivan Vanko/Whiplash.
- In the show, Photo Finish is a famous fashion photographer obsessed with looking for the next big star in fashion. The MAU version of her? Wolfgang von Strucker.
- Alternate Universe: To start with:
- Rainbow Dash is a tech genius and weapons designer.
- Fluttershy is a fugitive, constantly moving from place to place to hide her split personality.
- Twilight Sparkle is Celestia's granddaughter and a highly skilled (and stubborn) warrior.
- Applejack and Applebloom were born at least sixty years before any of the other cast (save Twilight Sparkle, but she's a goddess so that doesn't really count) and Granny Smith being an infant, therefore the youngest.
- Rarity, Spike, Pinkie Pie and her sisters are members of a top-secret government agency, and Spitfire's their boss.
- The Alicorns and several other characters are gods living in another realm, implying that Equestria is ruled by someone else.
- Harshwhinny is a four-star General in the Equestrian army.
- Trixie is a Changeling, and was adopted by Twilight Velvet as an infant, raised with Twilight Sparkle as siblings.
- Berry Punch is an alcohol drinking, superpowered private investigator, Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Melody are district attornies, and Donut Joe is an ex-con turned bartender.
- Cheerilee is a biochemist.
- Gilda is a soldier with power-hungry issues.
- Composite Character: Cheerilee is set up to be the Lizard, but is also in the place of Sterns/the Leader as the scientist Fluttershy goes to get help from.
- Greater-Scope Villain
- One Degree of Separation: Fluttershy is friends with Doctor Stable; She and him saved a young filly's life from a fatal construction accident. He and his colleague/students would later meet and befriend Twilight Sparkle.
- Rainbow Dash once met Harshwhinny due to her military contracts. She's the primary antagonist of Fluttershy's story.
- Spike, as the stand in for Agent Coulson, shows up in several of the stories, allowing him to interact with multiple characters.
- Related in the Adaptation:
- Twilight Sparkle and Trixie are adopted sisters, Shining Armor and Cadence are their brother and sister-in-law respectively, and they're all Celestia's grandchildren.
- Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are cousins.
- Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are also sisters.
- Harshwhinny is the aunt of Bulk Biceps/Snowflake.
- World of Badass: At one point or another, pretty much every major character, regardless of gender, has managed to have at least one badass moment.