Luis JM's Transfomers Prime Season 3 is a fanfiction anthology made by the author Luis JM, and was created in response to some of his own issues with how Season 3 was handled as well as his initial perceived issues with the season (he began this series before season 3 aired and vowed not to watch it while he was working on the first two episodes). Needless to say, things diverge heavily form canon.
The series provides examples of:
- Adaptational Badass:
- Sparkplug, Sari's pet, is a Scraplet, making him far more deadly than a robot dog.
- MECH remains a consistent threat to the Autobots throughout rather than fade into obscurity after Silas's betrayal.
- Adaptational Species Change:
- Sari is 100% human here and isn't half-Cybertronian. Word of God has implied that she will become one eventually, but that's not for a while.
- Sparkplug goes from being a robot dog to a Scraplet.
- Age Lift: Sari is a teenager (about 16, the same age as Jack) rather than a child.
- The Bus Came Back: MECH makes its return in the first episode of the series, and their actions end up completely altering the direction the series takes.
- Crossover: In addition to the canon characters from Prime and several Original Characters, Sam Witwicky, Sari Sumdac and Elsa de Sica are major characters in this story.
- Disappeared Dad: John Darby, Jack's dad, who never showed up in canon, shows up here. it's revealed his brother, Jack's uncle, was killed in a terror attack, and that he's been trying to find out who caused the attack ever since, and eventually just disappeared. He ended up joining the Special Welfare Agency along the way, and became Elsa's fratello.
- Fix Fic: Played with. While the story was written to repair any perceived issues that the author thought season 3 would suffer from (as it was written before season 3 aired), it ultimately diverged into re-imagining season 3 in it's own way.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Isaac is just as bad at judging motives and true intentions until it's too late to do anything about it. He honestly though MECH was a benevolent organization and was none the wiser until he couldn't do anything about it.
- Meaningful Name: After getting turned into a Cybertronian, Jack takes the name of Rodimus. As the next episode reveals, he's this universe's version of Rodimus Prime, and the successor to Optimus as Prime.
- Original Flavour: Subverted. The story starts off having differences but at least a few similarities, but then veers far off into it's own story. The author's refusal to watch season 3 even while it was airing adds to this, as it allows the story to be unique without relying on anything from the season.
- Shame If Something Happened: After Isaac realizes MECH's true intentions, Commander Rourke threatens to hurt his daughter should he try to leave the organization or tell anyone of what he saw.
- Unwilling Robotization: MECH believes that Silas' failure to create a successful transformer was due to relying entirely on machinery for the creation, with no regard to the 'Human Factor'. Thus, they decide to see if it is possible to create transformers with living humans.... and their unfortunate test subjects are Jack, June, Miko, and Raf.