Luan's Problem is a fanfic based on The Loud House by AustinDR. After Luan's prank renders Lincoln comatose with a broken leg, Luan is disowned by her sisters for her recklessness. While in the hospital, Luan meets a psychotherapist who insists that she speak with him. The story can be read here.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Bring My Brown Pants: Ms. Bitterns accidentally wets herself out of fear at the students turning against her.
- Darker and Edgier: Slightly, though not to the extent of Shattered Innocence. In this story, Luan's prank fails, and she suffers the consequences for it.
- The Dreaded: Luan feared Ms. Bitterns so much, that she was unwilling to even return to school after her near-death.
- Driven to Suicide: Luan believed that ending her life was the only way she could be free from her torment.
- For the Evulz: Ms. Bitterns thoroughly enjoys making Luan miserable for seemingly no reason.
- Freudian Excuse: When Luan was in the elementary school, she had a horrid teacher who treated her terribly culminating in her attempting to nearly work herself to death.
- Hate Sink: Ms. Bitterns is basically a fusion of the worst traits a teacher can have. A bitter woman who enjoys humiliating the weaker students instead of helping them and is verbally abusive towards them. Note that she does that with an elementary school student. She would make Dolores Umbridge proud.
- Humiliation Conga: Ms. Bitterns accidentally rips her skirt, falls down on the floor, gets pelted by her students, and wets herself.
- I Have No Son!: The girls disown Luan after her prank goes horribly wrong and hurts Lincoln. They make it up at the end of the story.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Luan and Mr. Blogsby.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Luan's teacher in elementary school is called Ms. Bitterns.
- Produce Pelting: Ultimately what happens to Bitterns in chapter 3.
- Reality Ensues: In the show, Luan's extreme pranks result in Amusing Injuries. Here, Lincoln has to be sent to the hospital after being the victim of it.
- Sadist Teacher: Ms. Bitterns, who enjoys humiliating her students and is verbally abusive towards them.
- Villainous Breakdown: After being humiliated, Ms. Bitterns flees the school, never intent on returning.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Luna assures Luan that even if she's not one of the best students out there, she still loves her because she views her as not only her sister, but her best friend.