Love Hina Double Trouble is a crossover story made by Kamen Rider Chrome and Ten-Faced Paladin that combines the worlds of Kamen Rider Double and Love Hina. Joined by his adoptive brother, Philip, recent Tokyo University graduate Keitaro Urashima is called in by their grandmother to look after the Hinata-Sou. Some of the craziness from the anime is still there, but the Dopants are still a problem, attacking people whenever they can. The half-and-half detectives must soon work with their female tenants to solve the mystery behind the crimes in their city, and find the organization responsible. Now has a wiki wiki.
As of January 24th 2016, this fanfic is now complete.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Averted and played straight. Keitaro isn't the same clumsy man we knew him to be, but it looks like Keitaro's bad luck has now passed on to Kirihiko.
- Accidental Kiss: Happens to Keitaro and Motoko. She stole his first kiss, much to the vexation of Kanako and Kitsune.
- A Day in the Limelight: Chapters 34 and 35. A homage to Motoko's retelling of Peach Boy.
- Agent Scully: Philip Ironically.Keitaro: So, your new house is haunted and you want us to investigate?
Client: That's right. I bought it a week ago and haven't gotten any sleep with all the strange sounds.
Philip: Rats. Maybe you have an infestation of rats.
Client: Do rats make moaning sounds?
Philip: The wind.
Client: How about when blood came out from my sink?
Philip: Plumbing problems. Must be rust and not blood.
- All Men Are Perverts:
- Averted. Naru and Motoko get very frustrated when they fail to prove Keitaro and Philip are perverts.
- Played with in one of the chapters. When a perverted Dopant appears and attacks young women, Naru and Motoko naturally assume that it is male. Kanako immediately points out that woman can be just as perverted as men... and she's right. Boy, Motoko sure was embarrassed to find that out.
- Ambiguously Gay: Tatsuma's lack of interest in women lead Naru to wonder if he is this.
- Artifact of Death: The Skull Memory, as far as Keitaro is concerned. Kanako now uses it and he fears that his sister's life will end just as badly as Sokichi's did.
- Badass Family: Lampshaded by Naru.
- Battle Couple: The Magnet Plus and Minus Dopants who are wealthy thugs who were kicked out of a rich family. They try to go through an infant boy to get more money.
- Brick Joke: When Motoko's fangirls see her ride off with Keitaro, they assume that they were seeing each other. Nine chapters later, a flashback is shown on how this comes back to bite them in the butt.
- Butt-Monkey: Keitaro doesn't suffer from this as much here, but Kirihiko does.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: "Could you remind me who you're talking about? I've killed plenty of people. It's so hard to keep track of them all."
- Cats Are Mean: " a cat? One of the top assassins of Museum and all-around pain in my ass is a CAT?"
- The Cameo:
- There's Shinji Ikari, Rei Ayanami, and Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon. On a separate note, Kotonoha Katsura from that freaky H-Game School Days is made a regular character. Otome Katou and her gang were mentioned. Heck, half if not more or less so of the School Days cast appear here. And if you look closely you may recognize other names; Kagomo Higurashi, Nodoka Miyazaki, Ryoko Mitsurugi, Yakumo Tsukamoto, Ino Yamanaka Kurumu Kurono, and Harold McGrady and in the last chapter of the NEVER arc Hakufu Sonsaku/Kamen Rider OOO, Naruto Uzumaki/Kamen Rider Fourze, and Negi Springfield/Kamen Rider Wizard appear to help and Fourze and Wizard are from a few years in the future, and characters from 'Umineko: When They Cry'' appear.
- While they haven't appeared (yet), Keitaro and Philip know and have apparently worked with Shinichi Kudo and Hajime Kindaichi.
- In Chapter 11:Motoko: I couldn't help but overhear
Kanako: You were eavesdropping.
Motoko: ...That you all are dealing with something supernatural.
- Then in Chapter 23:Tsuruko: Urashima-dono, I couldn't help but overhear you.
Keitaro: You mean eavesdropping.
Tsuruko: Well, I wish to assist you in your investigation.
- In Chapter 11:
- Character Development: Even more so than the anime.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Tsuruko is shown to be strong enough to match Double in his Cyclone-Metal, Luna-Metal and Heat-Metal forms.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Kanako to Keitaro of course, though she seems to be toned down a bit. And due to their infatuations with Philip, Sarah isn't too fond of Wakana. Then there's the Phantom Dopant, who takes this Trope Up to Eleven.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Not counting the Shout-Out below, Ryuji is a believer of this.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Motoko vs. any Dopant. Sure, Motoko is a powerful demon slayer and all, but the Dopants are anything but demons. She does better with help. First one where Motoko acts as a diversion to get Double to deal the finishing blow, and later where she's aided by Kanako to help Double deal with the Wolf and Claydoll Dopants.
- Deconstruction: Chapter 6 is this for All Men Are Perverts, Karma Houdini and Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male. In Real Life, not all men are perverts and it's not okay to hit him; not other men and not other women.
- Determinator: This is what allows Keitaro to prove Shroud wrong and activate the Cyclone-Joker-Xtreme.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: Upon awakening from her bizarre dream, Motoko loudly announces her feelings for Takayuki... only to see that Sarah was sitting right next to her.
- Distant Finale: The last chapter takes place four years after Gaia Recall, with Emma Maeda coming to the Hinata Su to apprentice under Keitaro.
- Doomed Home Town: Hinamizawa, the ancestral home of the Sonozaki Clan. This story takes place in the timeline where the village was poisoned by swamp gas and Rena Ryuugu was one of the few survivors. Maybe that's why the family is so screwed up.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male:
- Averted. One of the chapters has a bona-fide pervert found brutally murdered near the Hinata-Sou. The police immediately suspect Naru and Motoko. Thanks to that incident, the Pervert Police gain better control over their tempers much sooner than they would in canon.
- Kirihiko has apparently become Naru's new punching bag, and while it may be due to anti-pervert reflex, it could also be to punish him for selling Gaia Memories in the first place.
- Dramatic Irony: In one of the chapters, Philip stated to not believe in any ghosts. That's a pretty awkward statement since Philip himself is a ghost.
- Exact Words: "Double-sempai just split open!"
- Extreme Doormat: Averted. Keitaro is much more confident here.
- Faking the Dead: Takayuki is revealed to be alive in Case 57. In the next chapter he explains he went into hiding with some help from Shroud and Granny Hina.
- In chapter 16, Motoko noticed that Tatsuma, Kamen Rider Accel, used a stance and kata that seemed vaguely familiar to her. Later on, it turns out that her sister, Tsuruko, is his sensei.
- Mutsumi was the first person that that Tatsuma met in the Hinata-Sou. Three guesses on who becomes his first girlfriend.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: When Saeko reveals that Ryubee was somehow involved in the death of his parents, Ryuji yells at her in denial, not believing a word of it. However, the seeds of doubt have already been planted.
- He-Man Woman Hater: The Blade Dopant, who strictly believes that women should remain as the weaker sex. He loses to Motoko in a Kendo Tournament and... doesn't take it well.
- Heroic Bystander: In a later chapter, Isaka ambushes Keitaro and Kitsune during their date. Kitsune smashes a beer bottle on the back of the Weather Dopants's head, distracting him long enough for Kanako to appear and help. In the next chapter, Naru calls Kitsune out for doing something reckless and reminds her that she could have been killed in a number of ways, but is glad that she's unharmed and understands why she did it.
- Heroic RRoD: "MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIMUM DRIVE! MAXIU-"
- Hero-Worshipper: According to Haruka, some people tried to make Granny Hina sign over the Hinata-Sou to them so they kidnapped Keitaro to use as leverage some years ago. Sokichi was the one who rescued him. Every since then, Keitaro dreamed of becoming a detective like Sokichi.
- Hidden Depths: It's repeatedly hinted that both Haruka and Granny Hina have faced several people from the organization. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen.
- Honor Before Reason: The entire point between Takayuki's and Motoko's fight is about honor.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Although Kitsune's foxy nature is intact, she is much more honest and does nothing to cause trouble for Keitaro.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Played straight in Ryuji's second chapter during his omai, later inverted as he wishes to defeat Double and surpass Kirihiko. It turns more into I Want To Seem Normal mixed with I Want My Beloved to Be Happy.
- It Runs in the Family: See Call-Back above, the Aoyamas sure are a snoopy bunch.
- Jerkass Realization: As soon as Naru and Motoko realize that their attacks on perverts were not as justified as they thought they were, they immediately apologized to the Accidental Perverts that they wronged and stopped hating on men so much.
- Karma Houdini: Averted once again. The men that Naru and Motoko had attacked in the past tried to sue them. Knowing Granny Hina, she either explained the duo's problem if the victim was an Accidental Pervert, or made a threat if the victim was a pervert. Regardless, that was all the evidence the police needed to keep tabs on them.
- Knight Templar Parent:The Punishment Dopant acts like a parent with extreme punishments. Mainly because she is.
- Laser-Guided Karma:
- See Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male above.
- Ends up hitting Kirihiko dead on. He used to be a salesman from a high class lifestyle, and now he's a janitor and handyman for an all-girls dorm, that and being Naru and Motoko's new Chew Toy. As Haruka fittingly put it, it was "karmic payback".
- Otome's Girl Posse that bullied Kotonoha and instigated the plot get humiliated when they are revealed to shop-lifters.
- Makoto Itou is forced to take responsibility for impregnating a girl and sleeping around with many girls without regards to their feelings when Kanako, Motoko and Tatsuma find out his true nature and tell his parents.
- Love Triangle: At least it used to be. Things might get out of control for Keitaro now that Naru has finally fallen for him.
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Saeko told Ryuji that Ryubee has done this to Ryuji parents cause they learn something about the museum. And we later learn that Ryubee did indeed did that and told his brainwash guy to take care of it if its becomes a problem.
- Mama Bear: Makoto Itou has hell to pay when Youko Saionji finds out that he dumped her daughter, Sekai after he impregnated her. It is only her love for Sekai, thought of going to jail and leaving Sekai alone with a baby that Youko is able to resist killing him.
- Mind-Control Device: With some adjustments, Gaia Memories can be used to control their users against their will, such as the Sleep and Injury Memories.
- Mix and Match: The new Heat-Joker-Xtreme, which has the same capabilities as Cyclone-Joker-Xtreme. It makes a lot of people wonder how many powers and forms are available because "Xtreme should be compatible with any of (their) Memories."
- Mood Whiplash: In Chapter 30, the Hinata-Sou residents celebrate the resent victory and the appearance of the Extreme Memory. And then the Nazca Dopant appears from the entry hall, who Keitaro immediately identifies as Kirihiko Sonozaki.
- Moral Myopia: The Samurai Dopant, who shamelessly gropes women, both female employees and schoolgirls alike, hides in his father's money when things go bad, and even kills a guy for means of instrumentality. And he had the audacity to call out Naru and Motoko for their extreme boy complex, even if he did have a point.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: What Saeko and Dr. Isaka tried to do to Kirihiko after he tried to dissuade her from selling the Memories to children. This time around, it didn't work.
- Never Found the Body: Takayuki.
- Noble Demon: Chrome's Author Avatar Ryuji Hasuma. Keeping his father's surname, he is legally known as Ryuji Sonozaki and Ryubee's nephew. His fiancé, Kotonoha (Yes, THAT Kotonoha), represents his noble side, where as his family heritage represents his demon side.
- Not What It Looks Like: What Ryuji tries to say when Wakana walked in him while Kotonoha tried to clean his pants that was soiled with tea. Add Kotohoha's back turned and bent over with her head at his crotch and Ryuji making suggestive moaning sounds, and its not too convincing.
- Now You Tell Us: When Philip receives the Denden Sensor, Naru lampshades that it would have been useful when the Phantom Dopant was terrorizing them.
- Oh, Crap!: The Hinata-Sou girls' reaction upon seeing Dr. Isaka turn into the Weather Dopant.
- Official Couple: Keitaro and Kitsune seem to be headed in this direction, though there is still that promise he made to a girl...
- As of the final chapter, Keitaro and Kitsune are married.
- Parental Betrayal: Saeko's not exactly a parent but she does help her father raise and educate Ryuji, her younger cousin. When she attacks Wakana in front of him and then kidnaps him, well he definitely feels betrayed, especially when he finds out she was trying to launch a coup with Isaka.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: The Samurai Dopant gives a rather brutal one to Naru and Motoko, saying how they always attack and send people to the hospital everyday because of wrong gestures. Cue Keitaro giving his Reason You Suck Speech, saying that its people like him who deserve to face Naru and Motoko's wrath.
- Relax-o-Vision:The Oni Leader was drinking tea when the fortress suddenly rumbled and shook with enough force to spill her drink. The scalding water dropped into her lap with unnatural precision. Cursing loudly, she leaped from her chair and began dancing about to get the tea off of her. Worst of all, she only wore a standard issue Oni skirt which meant most of her thighs were bare and thus got the worst of it.
"DAMMIT! OW! OW! OW!"
- Tempting Fate: "Well, at least I'm not going to get killed."
- The End... Or Is It?:
- Kirihiko's "death" and it wasn't.
- Takayuki's "death" as well.
- Took a Level in Badass: Keitaro, compared to his original canon self, is stronger, smarter, and less accident prone.
- Tragic Monster: Subverted in the case of Mutsumi, who was under the Sleep Memory's influence.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Ryuji's Wolf Dopant form.
- Wham Line:
- "WAAAAAAAAAH! Tatsuma-kun hates me! WAAAAAAAAAHHH!"
- "I don't believe it. I'm in love with him. I'm in love with Keitaro "
- Would Hurt a Child: If Philip hadn't arrived on time, the Axe Dopant would have sliced Shinobu in two.
- You Should Have Died Instead: Another flashback shows that Kanako was not always fond of Philip. She blamed him for Sokichi's death and hated the fact that he needs Keitaro's help to become Double. As such, she threw herself into her training, going for every opportunity she could to prove she could be Keitaro's partner instead of Philip. But when Philip risked his life (so to speak) to protect her from a Dopant, she realized how stupid it was to hate him his role in her mentor's final case. The pair became closer ever since.