This fanfiction, which can be read here, is the story of Finnick Odair's life from his Reaping Day until his death in the Capitol, written by grand admiral chelli on Fanfiction.net and rated T. The author's summary is: "The story of Finnick Odair's life, starting at the 65th Hunger Games and working its way up to and through the Hunger Games trilogy."
WARNING: Possible spoilers may not be hidden.
Provides examples of:
- Best Served Cold: During his Games, after the emotional aftershocks of realizing he's already been warped into a killer, Finnick swears to get his own back at the Capitol.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Pretty much everyone around Finnick, for obvious reasons. He works it to his advantage quite a few times.
- Doomed by Canon: For obvious reasons.
- Inner Monologue: Since this is from Finnick's perspective, we get to follow his thoughts as he participates in the Hunger Games and then lives out his life afterwards. Many instances of humorous inner snark occur.Finnick: Eat your hearts out, I silently taunt the people of Capitol, and I'm sure that the sales of clam chowder in Capitol have just skyrocketed.
- Manipulative Bastard: Finnick, on the few occasions he decides to blatantly manipulate someone or a group of people, pulls this off with aplomb.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Finnick carries this off brilliantly with President Snow when told he will have to prostitute himself to sponsors, playing the part of an easily led teenager.Finnick: Are you serious? They want me to thank them by banging them? Sweet!
I give him that look all teenagers perfect, where we stare at an adult uncomprehendingly like they're from another planet. "Sir. Free. Sex."
- Twist Ending: Plutarch manages to have Finnick brought back from near death and convinces him to 'disappear' permanently as an ambassador to any other countries that still exist in the era of Panem.