Legacy of Legends is a The Legend of Spyro fanfic series written by Rovas117 which currently features two stories. The series is BETA read by DarkAngelAW1986 and Strigon1753. DarkAngelAW1986 later became the co-writer.
The story starts in the aftermath of Spyro and Cynder's battle with Malefor. The two are slowly making their way back to Warfang city and stop at a campsite to rest for the night where they encounter Zaze,a young upbeat electric dragon with no memories of his past. Zaze travels to Warfang with them and soon more dragons arrive, it begins to seem that peace has finally come to Avalar, but as Zaze's mysterious past begins to catch up with him it seems peace might not be as close as was hoped.
Legacy of Legends provides examples of:
- Amnesiac Hero: Zaze, played with slightly in that unlike most other cases he doesn't mind having amnesia seeing it as a fresh start
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Zaze occasionally shows this ability, given his general demeanor it's no surprise everyone is stunned whenever he does
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Spyro under the Dark Dragon's control
- Dark Is Not Evil: Cynder, just as in the games. Averted in the case of The Dark Dragon
- Elemental Powers: It's a Legend of Spyro Fanfiction, what did you expect?
- Knight of Cerebus: The Dark Dragon the story is rather lighthearted and comedic, showing the aftermath of the war with Malefor, and is overall rather upbeat. Then this guy shows up and starts trying to murder people, takes over spyro, beats the tar out of the other characters, then attempts to murder them again, all the while monologing about his history with Zaze.
- Long-Lost Relative: Zaze's twin brother Phase
- In chapter 40 it is revealed that Crombe and Latis are in fact long lost cousins
- The Matchmaker: Zaze's favorite pastimes seem to include making new friends and getting/shipping those friends together
- Mysterious Past: Zaze due to his amnesia, Terrador is also this, with Volteer admitting that the other guardians know very little about him
- The Omniscient: Ignitus is this due to having been made the new Chronicler
- Oblivious to Love: Zaze is completely unaware of Latis's feelings towards him, no matter how obvious it is to everyone else
- Outside-Context Problem: The Dark Dragon, he came out of nowhere with no one knowing who he was or what his motives were. The only person who had any interaction with him previously was Zaze who couldn't remember due to his amnesia
- Refusal of the Call: Zaze tries to do this, claiming Spyro and Cynder would be better choices then him
- Super Mode: Zaze's super speed functions like this, he actually glows when using it. while in this state he can move faster than the eye can follow, to the point where spyro had to slow time in order to fight him on equal terms during their duel