Thorin dies. Thorin wakes up. He is understandably confused by this, especially since he appears to be in the Erebor he knew as a young dwarf, about to be attacked by a dragon.
Contains examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: Here, Thorin is the one to kill Smaug.
- For Want of a Nail: Thorin kills Smaug before he can attack Erebor.
- In Spite of a Nail: Thorin still meets Bilbo and the Company, though under different circumstances, and Víli still dies.
- Rescue Romance: In this timeline, Thorin and Bilbo first meet when Thorin rescues Bilbo from wolves.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Frerin, Bungo and Belladonna.