The fanfic follows the immediate aftermath of Izuru Kamukura's creation from his own perspective as he becomes hostile towards the scientists and throws anyone that tries to touch him. The scientists, unable to get Izuru to cooperate and Izuru, not particularly willing to cooperate, are left at an impasse for the first day after Izuru's creation.
Then, 1 day and 3 minutes after Izuru's creation, one of the scientists opens the door to his room, shoves a toy inside and closes the door again.
From that point onward, the fanfic becomes mostly a soft, sweet story of Izuru, his love for his titular cuddly toy, who he names Dandelion, and his life in the facility he's kept in. He learns that fluff is the best thing in the world, messes with the scientists and generally ponders about things. The fic also features the pairing of Izuru Kamukura/Nagito Komaeda though it only comes up later on.
A companion fic by the name of Nagito Trash-Fire Komaeda Donates himself to Science was published as well. This fic is three chapters long and follows the perspective of Nagito throughout some events during the first fic. Please the first fic before reading this one though.
A short collection of (mostly) canon-compliant onshots has also been released under the name Observations of Homo floccosus domesticus. This collection also spoils the original story so, again, read the first fic before reading this one.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Attack Animal: The Twelve Zodiac Generals attack Genocide Jack in chapter 14
- Continuity Nod: Some low key ones. For example, in chapter 13 Fuyuhiko mentions that something nearly took his eye out. In chapter 14, Izuru references a seesaw, which is a popular fandom joke for New Danganronpa V 3
- Get a Room!: In chapter 10, Hiyoko, possibly voicing what everyone else is thinking, asks if Izuru and Nagito need a room (to which Izuru, never the most socially aware, remarks that they just came here from his...)
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: It's heavily implied that Chiaki still loves Hajime and so has some sort of affection towards Izuru but she leaves him and Nagito alone
- Nosebleed: Teruteru gets one in chapter 10, a reference to one of his sprites
- Sherlock Scan: With her analytical abilities, Junko is able to deduce that Izuru and Nagito are together (and that Izuru is, in her words, "the top")
- Shipperon Deck: Teruteru and Kazuichi towards Izuru and Nagito
- Shout-Out: Izuru references Pokémon in chapter 15, when attempting to confuse an enemy
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Mikan gives this speech to the group and directly to Nagito after she's been discovered to have the Despair Disease. Something similar happens in the game.