The series is available to read on FF.net.
If I Was Yours- Kingdom Hearts I
If We Were Together- Kingdom Hearts II
If I Could Do it Again- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
If We Had Hearts- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
If It Never Happened- a spin off story where the characters are normal high school students.
If This Is the End- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Tropes contained in If I Was Yours
- Affectionate Nickname: Ventus' name is changed to Venus, but she is only ever called "Ven," like in canon.
- Axel calls Roxas "Roxy" on occasion.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Along with absorbing her strength, Xion also absorbs Roxas's feelings for Axel as she grows more of a desire to be Roxas. Axel doesn't reciprocate, however.
- Amicable Exes: Terra and Aqua in If It Never Happened.
- Appearance Is in the Eye of the Beholder: Like in canon, Xion's appearance depends on the relationship they have with people. Roxas initially views them as a boy and then later sees them as a girl, Axel sees her as she does in the game, but notes she's similar in appearance to Roxas, etc.
- Big Damn Kiss: Several with each of the main pairings.
- Riku kisses Sora before closing the door to the Darkness at the end of If I Was Yours.
- Terra kisses Ven before sending her off to Destiny Islands as he goes to fight Master Eraqa.
- Braids of Action: Sora wears her long hair in a braid, it being her only feminine trait.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Sora and Riku.
- Dude Magnet: Roxas; Axel, Xion, Hayner, and others comment on her looks and find her attractive.
- Sora and Ven as well.
- Evil Brunette Twin: Not twins per se, but Vanita is the embodiment of the darkness that had been inside Ven, resulting in her being "evil" by extension and having darker hair than her counterpart.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Ven, a completely pure being of light, due to all darkness being removed from her.
- Gender Flip: Sora is a girl, but several other characters have their gender changed, including: Roxas, Ventus, Vanitas, Marluxia, Eraqus, Pete, Captain Hook, etc.
- Xion for the first half of their appearances appears male to Roxas, as Sora's memories of Riku also make up their existence, but after affirming they're Just Friends, Xion appears female to her.
- I Got Bigger: Puberty treats Sora very kindly, as she discovers after waking up in If We Were Together.
- "When did I get these?"
- Just Friends: For the first half of their time together, Roxas seems to be developing an infatuation with Xion, who appears male, that is seemingly reciprocated, but after affirming her affections for Xion are different from what she feels for Axel, Xion appears female to her.
- Love Confessor: Riku confesses he loves Sora to her before shutting the door to the Darkness at the end of the first story.
- Terra admits in front of Eraqa that he loves Ven romantically.
- Love Dodecahedron: In If It Never Happened, a massive love chart encompasses the story.
- Axel and Roxas had been dating, but broke up just before the start of the story. Despite still liking Axel, she starts dating Terra; who had just broken up with Aqua and trying to forget his actual love, Ven. Axel begins flirting with and developing feelings for Sora, who Riku is in love with. Vanita and Ven show up later in the story, where Vanita begins flirting with Axel, prompting Roxas to realize her feelings and breaks up with Terra, who begins dating Vanita in another attempt of getting over Ven. Eventually, thing mellow out and get resolved, ending with Sora and Riku start dating, Roxas and Axel get back together, Terra and Ven finally get together, etc.
- Memento Macguffin: Sora ties her hair with a charm Riku gave her before they were all separated.
- Ven has a wooden Keyblade charm given to her from Terra and Aqua, along with the three still sharing Aqua's improvised Wayfinders.
- Oblivious to Love: Sora doesn't pick up on Riku's feelings for her until he confesses to her. She also doesn't realize her own feelings for him until about half way through the first story.
- Ven doesn't realize the affection she and Terra hold for each other is beyond friendship.
- Roxas does't understand what she feels for Axel is love due to not having a heart. She eventually does realize her feelings, and it winds up being Axel who doesn't realize he loves her back, only ever telling her she's "special" to him, this eventually causes Roxas to end their relationship when she leaves the Organization.
- Official Couple: Sora and Riku, Terra and Ven, Axel and Roxas
- Relationship Upgrade: At the end of If We Were Together, Sora and Riku start dating and are still together in If This Is the End.
- Satellite Character: Kairi and Aqua.
- She's All Grown Up: Ven by the end of If I Could Do it Again, she's grown from a pure and innocent young girl, to a strong and confident young woman.
- Sora and Roxas go through similar transformations.
- Ship Tease: Sora and Riku, Roxas and Axel, Ven and Terra, etc.
- Ven has a brief moment with Lea in Radiant Garden in If I Could Do it Again
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Sora is the tomboy to Kairi's girly girl.
- Ven to Aqua.
- Sora to Roxas, particularly in If It Never Happened.