It is the year eighteen-hundred and four of our Lord. Napoleon has been crowned Emperor of the French, marking the instantiation of a new Empire. Combining the memories of old regimes such as Rome and Charlemagne, he seeks to begin a new era for France.
Fresh from the memories of his campaigns in Egypt and Syria, he contacts Her Majesty Queen Elsa of Arendelle, a member of the Royal Coronan House of Hohenzollern. Her abilities have been noted by Napoleon, and he seeks her aid in the upcoming war. In need of security from the United Kingdom of Sweden and Norway, she accepts.
Ice on the Rhine is a crossover Frozen (2013) and Tangled fanfic created by user IamIferior, and can be viewed here. It deals with a version of The Napoleonic Wars if Napoleon's Grande Armée was assisted by a magical Ice Person. As of time of writing (02/03/2014), the fic contains 97 Chapters. Not suitable for younger audiences due to violent scenes.
Provides Examples Of:
- Alternate History: This is The Napoleonic Wars if Napoleon's Grande Armée is assisted by an Ice Person who happens to be a member of the House of Hohenzollern. Also, the Kingdom of Prussia apparently doesn't exist; the Kingdom of Corona fits Prussia's historical role, where it is mentioned that Rapunzel is the child of real life Prussian King William Frederick II and Elizabeth Christine.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Downplayed but played for realism (in the parts centered around the Napoleonic Wars)
- Crossover: With Tangled, and eventually, most of the Disney Animated Canon. Triton's kingdom sides with the coalitions against Napoleon, Maldonia is reimagined as a state on the Indian subcontinent, Prince Adam serves in Napoleon's armies, among other things.
- Dead Fic: Hasn't been updated since April 14, 2015
- Doorstopper: The fic has 113 chapters and 239,184
- Historical Domain Character: Napoléon Bonaparte and, yes, it's that Napoleon.
- Historical Fiction: With some fantasy elements thrown in.
- Lie Back and Think of England: It isn't that Elsa dislikes sex, it's just that she has a marriage/procreation agreement with her husband Napoleon (yes, that Napoleon), making the act pragmatic and about political calculus, thus on her wedding night she lies back and thinks of Arendelle.
- Scrapbook Story: The story is told through a student's history class report (this is subtle, however)
- Shown Their Work: Obscure historical characters appear in situations similar to OTL, and many quotes have been suited to the conditions of the fic. An example would be Tsar Alexander I's quote being applied to the alliance between Russia and Corona instead of France and Russia.