IS and Sekirei Brave new world is an ongoing crossover fic between Sekirei and Infinite Stratos written by Kerlongsj Evert Orlejov. The same author from the fic Infinite Stratos: To the Other End of the World in case someone was wondering.
It started out as a commission but turned to be really popular.
The story takes place after the End of Sekirei and during the events of Infinite Stratos
After Minato managed to get Musubi back from the sky and things were settling into being normal (or as normal as you can get for a guy married to an alien harem), crazy scientists don't look to be sitting still and he got to deal with the Infinite Stratos.
Namely, his childhood friend. Ichika Orimura, who got sucked in the ISA despite his wishes and vehement protest. With that in mind and the rekindling of their friendship via mail and phone, Ichika is clinging to the lifeline that Minato has thrown out for him as often did for strangers during the plan
Ichika, who is not the same dense Clueless Chick-Magnet, has not been too happy so he was glad that Minato looked out for him. While making a name for himself by defeating threats and hoping to get out alive.
So both guys who haven't seen each other in a while are now contacting each other again where Ichika is grateful for Minato's help.
Lots of insanity, Hilarity Ensues and some history is coming for both of the boys.
It has nothing to do with Aldous Huxley's novel but the title is inspired by the song of Iron Maiden and the title of the chapters are named after songs from the group.
See Infinite Stratos and Sekirei for the tropes of those universes.
Tropes Covered in the story
- Adaptational Badass: Ichika becomes better at fighting his opponents. Not necessarily because he is stronger but due to Matsu looking up information of his foes at Minato's request.
- Adaptational Jerkass: Despite the above, Ichika can also be seen like this as he has little patience for his sister and/or the girls who are after him. The abuse both Chifuyu, and the Infinite Stratos girls put him through has made him this way. Also in this adaption, the Infinite Stratos girls has fallen into this category as well.
- Adaptational Villainy: Ichika's IS harem and older his sister, Chifuyu, has their respective main and secondary antagonistic role in this, especially on the second season.
- Babies Ever After: Minato's Sekirei are hoping for this ending as a way to end the Game. It is also a reason why they have to move out Maison Izumo as neither Miya nor Takehito like the idea of having seven children around.
- Back from the Dead Takehito is alive in this fic but Karasuba didn't wake up
- Balanced Harem: Minato divides the time he has between the members of his harem in the form of dates. Which nearly all the time ends up with he having sex with them. Not in Maison Izumo but in a love hotel as having sex in Maison Izumo is a dead sentence.
- Bathtub Scene: Ichika shares one with Charlotte and while he is not entirely comfortable, he doesn't scare away from her.
- Big Brother Instinct: Minato doesn't just act like one for Kusano, Ichika who saw Minato as one, has referred to him. In later chapter, he calls him aniki.
- Subverted with Chifuyu who doesn't act like a big sister due to her being the teacher.
- Big Damn Heroes: Matsu really takes the cake in this.
- Not only does she help Ichika to get information on his opponents
- She manages to hack into Laura and shut her down.
- She manages to taken down the Silver Gospel and scares Tabane back in her hole.
- Breather Episode: The parts that focus on Minato are seen as breathers where the guy gets showered with love from the women around him while Ichika is put in a less than favorable position.
- Catchphrase: When Minato gets asked why he goes so far for Ichika, he tells them they got history. Which some of the Sekirei don't get.
- Character Development: Oh, boy. The characters are not similar to their canon counterparts. Ichika is not the same pushover who takes the abuse of his Unwanted Harem lying down but retaliates, even to the point of going after his sister and her behavior. As for the Sekirei, the author decided to add a few bits to the cast.
- Childhood Friends: Ichika is not just friends with Lingyin or Houki but also with Minato. Interestingly, Houki knows of Minato while Rin was unaware about that fact.
- Demoted to Extra: Ichika serves as a deuteragonist.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Subverted. While Minato likes to see some stuff his Sekirei do, he can concentrate at his tasks.
- Same with Ichika who is more focused on surviving Houki's attacks than her body. He is also not bothered by the girls in their suits outside.
- Foil: While both Ichika and Minato got a bunch of girls in their respective lives, there is a world of difference. The IS girls are rude, violence and crude towards Ichika while the Sekirei and Chiho are kind girls who showers Minato with love, respect and affection.
- Happily Ever After: Not just for Minato and the other Ashikabi's who get their Sekirei back. But, also Yashima who got winged by a good guy after she left Junichi for good and her new Ashikabi also gave him a punch.
- In Vino Veritas: Chiho admits during a drinking party that she likes Minato. She does that while she is intoxicated and decides to kiss him. The reactions of the others make it clear that they don't mind it.
- Jail Bait Wait: While Kusano is a part of the harem, neither Minato nor his harem are interested in doing anything sexual with her, deciding to wait until she is old enough to have babies.
- In some regard, the Sekirei did the same. They waited one year until Musubi got back from the sky. When she had been Minato's first time, they didn't waste too much time before they went on him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The only reason why Ichika acted rude towards the Infinite Stratos girls is due to the way they'd treated him with abuse from both Chifuyu and his IS harem. When it comes to others including such as Minato and the Sekirei who will treat him right, Ichika's still a nice guy at heart. Not to mention some certain degrees regarding his time with the IS girls. In reality, Ichika still have much goodness inside of him as far as kindness and his willing to forgive are concerned.
- Joined Your Party: In this, both Uzume and Chiho join Minato's Sekirei harem.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Minato's Sensitive Guy and Ichika's Manly Man.
- The Dog Bites Back: After Tatenashi tried to defeat Ichika in a match of martial arts, Ichika does not only win from her but he hands her butt to her in a humiliating fashion. When she tried that again, he defeats her in front of the entire school.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: The bad sides of the Infinite Stratos girls, (jealousy, possessiveness, violence, etc) are all cranked up to eleven.
- Shout-Out: Plenty of them.
- The chapters are all named after songs from Iron Maiden which fit the theme of that chapter
- There have been plenty of jabs of the author's other works like Infinite Stratos vs Masou Gakuen HxH Stories told
- Unwanted Harem: More than canon. Ichika doesn't want anything to do with the girls who are aggressive in pursuing the boy. Despite his rejections, they keep coming back. As for Minato, he is pretty happy about having those girls around him.