Hetalia School for Vampire Hunters is an AU Hetalia: Axis Powers fanfic by SalaciousCrumb.
The story revolves around Alfred F. Jones, who has been recruited by the titular academy and is determined to become an actual Vampire Hunter. Unfortunately, his ability to do so is tested when he meets Arthur Kirkland, a vampire who has been captured by the academy and starts to get attached to him...in more ways than just one.
As he and Arthur interact more, Alfred begins to learn more about vampires and in turn learns that there's more to this situation than he initially though—dating back to the 1700s, in fact.
Can be read here.
- Action Girl: Bel and Elizabeta.
- Anything That Moves: Francis.
- Awesome Aussie: Bruce.
- Ax-Crazy: Half-blooded vampires tend to be this.
- Beta Couple: Bel and Bruce, Matthew and Francis.
- Big Bad: Ivan, though due to his failing health, he can't actively antagonize our protagonists.
- Bittersweet Ending: Ivan is defeated, Arthur and Peter are both cured of their vampirism and Feliciano leaves the academy to pursue his dream of owning a restaurant, living happily ever after with Ludwig. However, Antonio, Gilbert and Lovino have all been turned (though Lovino was turned by his own choice), Ludwig's still a werewolf and Sadik is dead.
- Blood Magic: The main kind of magic in the story.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: Ludwig refuses to get together with Feliciano, not because he doesn't like him but because he's a werewolf and is afraid that he'll end up hurting him.
- Broken Pedestal: Matthew had a great admiration for (and a bit of a crush on) Francis when he thought he was dead. Then he actually met the guy and found him to be annoying. Fortunately, they work things out pretty well.
- Deadpan Snarker: Arthur, all the time.
- The Dragon: Yao to Ivan.
- Fur Against Fang: Apparently, in this universe, werewolves were created by the academy to directly counter vampires. It went about as well as you'd expect.
- Heroic Wannabe: The whole reason Alfred was pumped to be a recruit in the academy.
- Ladykiller in Love: Francis towards Matthew.
- Living Forever Is Awesome: Francis feels this way about being turned, considering it wonderful that he'll be young, beautiful and sexually healthy for all eternity.
- Morality Pet:
- Yao and Sofia to Ivan.
- Wolf!Ludwig never attacks Feliciano.
- Nice Guy: Alfred and Antonio.
- Official Couple: Alfred and Arthur are the main relationship in the story, though Feliciano/Ludwig and Antonio/Lovino both get equally significant focus.
- Our Vampires Are Different: In many creative ways!
- They can't shapeshift.
- They don't turn people by biting them (Arthur notes that since they bite people to feed, they would end up overpopulating if that were the case), instead they turn people by forcing them to drink vampire blood.
- Their weakness for light depends on how "pure" their vampire blood is. Arthur and Francis are barely affected whereas Ivan can't even be near a candle because the light weakens him so badly.
- Vampirism is incurable until the story ends.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Turns out Ludwig is a werewolf.
- Polyamory: By the end of their introduction, it's pretty obvious that Elizabeta, Roderich and Gilbert are in this kind of relationship.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Alfred and Arthur. They manage to find a way to make it work.
- Together in Death: Ivan and Yao, in the end.
- True Companions: What Antonio, Gilbert and Francis were before Francis "died" (he was actually turned, though no one knew that).
- Unholy Matrimony: Ivan and Yao.
- Vampire Hunter: It's right there in the title.