Hero Fox is the name of an infamous Tails The Fox fan series written by Herofox and co-written by Hellfox. It was mostly scripted, but included elements from pretty much every Sonic continuity going, in attempt to appeal to the widespread Sonic fanbases.
The series is named for the Fan-Made Nine-Tailed Ultimate Form of Tails.
A teenage Tails is stranded on earth, disguised as a human and suffering from amnesia. He finds out that the Freedom Fighters are now bad guys. He gets his memory back, manages to revert to his true form and teams up with a Freedom Fighter Sub-Group called the Terra Shenshi. The series was split up into three arcs or "sagas".
- The Acorn Empire Saga- The Freedom Fighters (via mind control) are the bad guys. Mostly played for laughs.
- The Robotnik Saga- Tails teams up with the original freedom fighters to fight classic Big Bad Robotnik. Tails also winds up victim of the same mind control that the freedom fighters suffered from in the first arc and becomes Shadow Fox
- The Anti-Mobius Saga- Robotnik brings in the Anti-Freedom Fighters and launches his final assault on Mobius. A lot Darker and Edgier than the last two arcs.
A second "Season" was written in which the character dynamic is drastically altered and the scripting is largely toned down.
The series provides examples of:
- Big Bad - Robotnik.
- Brattyhalf Pint - Hound.
- Clingy Jealous Girl - Mia.
- Colony Drop
- Creator's Pet - Hound and Mia. Eventually, Herofox himself found them annoying and went about fixing this.
- 11th-Hour Superpower - The Terra Senshi all get super forms. Though it didn't win them any points with the readers.
- Five-Man Band - When the Freedom Fighters were under Mind control.
- Fusion Dance - Sonic and Knuckles combine into Light Fist. Tails is later added to the mix to create Satalon.
- Interspecies Romance - Tails and the human girl Mia, until they break up.
- Jerkass - How Geoff St Jonh was portrayed. Tails later decays into one of these. Hound plays it for laughs in season 2.
- Mid-Season Upgrade
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot
- Not as You Know Them - The Freedom Fighters were the bad guys of the first arc.
- The Psycho Rangers - When the mind controlled Freedom Fighters were a five bad band, they filled this role to Tails' Terra Senshi.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap - "Season 2" had better reviews due to cutting down on the scripting.
- Sailor Earth - The Terra Senshi.
- Shout-Out - Not only to previous Sonic episodes, but various other sit coms and anime too. Such as the Dragon Ball Z Cell games and "Time To Duel!"
- Sixth Ranger - Storm the Wolf is Sixth Ranger of Tails' Terra Senshi team.
- Surrounded by Idiots - Sally in the first arc. Why am I surrounded by Numbskulls?!
- What the Hell, Hero? - Tails bawls Hound out after an innocent bystander is shot. Storm also calls Tails out on the fact that it was an accident.