Grimm is a Massively Multiplayer Crossover of various Fairy Tales. Starring Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf- here named Lycan- after the events of the original story, it follows the two of them and the woodsman, Woody, as they travel to the titular kingdom of Grimm, a place where fairy tale creatures live.
But ever since the wicked Queen Rosina took over, the Kingdom has become a dreary and grim place, and children are disappearing left and right, among them Goldilocks and the siblings Hansel and Gretel. Upon learning of the conspiracy by the Queen to use the children to be the fairest of the land forever, Red and Lycan find themselves forced to cooperate to survive. Meanwhile, Woody meets Snow White, a maid employed by the Queen.
Has nothing to do with the TV series.
This fic contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents:
- Queen Rosina, jealous of her stepdaughter Snow White for her beauty, turns her into a Scullery Maid and belittles her, outright torturing her via whip whenever she displeases her.
- Hansel and Gretels parents, who were unable to support them, kicked them out of the house with no care for their safety.
- Goldilocks grew up with a thief for a dad who would force her into his criminal lifestyle and do things like lock her outside the house as punishment.
- Anti-Hero: Lycan is The Big Bad Wolf and is as menacing as he was in the original tales, being a predator who eats pigs and Reds grandma. Despite this, he has standards (he only eats out of necessity), and is hesitantly willing to ally with Red against Queen Rosina.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Aside from the cruel Queen Rosina, Lord Bluebeard is also a noble, and he is a serial wife-killer as his namesake is.
- Attempted Rape: Lord Bluebeard tries to assault Snow White when she refuses his advances. It ends with her falling out a window and seemingly dying.
- Big Bad: Queen Rosina is the cruel ruler of the kingdom of Grimm who is behind the kidnapping of children to steal their youth and be young forever.
- The Big Bad Wolf: Lycan is the one from Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs. He is more of an Anti-Hero than usual, however.
- The Bluebeard: The Trope Namer himself, Bluebeard, appears as the secondary antagonist who, as usual, has a cellar filled with the bodies of the wives he previously killed.
- Child Eater: Queen Rosina devours children to steal their youth. She also did this back when she was the Wicked Witch from Hansel and Gretel.
- Children Forced to Kill: As part of their plan to free themselves and the other children from Rosina's captivity, Hansel and Gretel have Goldilocks kill a guard and take his keys. They proceed to kill a few more during the escape.
- Composite Character: The Evil Queen from Snow White, here called Rosina, was revealed to have been the Wicked Witch from Hansel and Gretel before ascending to power.
- Disguised Hostage Gambit: Late in the story, some of the heroes go to rescue the people of the Dark Forest from Rosinas captivity, and in the castle start attacking the guards to get to the prisoners. Then they notice that the guards cannot move, and it dawns on Woody that they are attacking the wrong people. Then the prisoners break out of the cells and capture the heroes.
- Disney Villain Death: Ironically subverted with Queen Rosina, considering that she is based on the Evil Queen who died this way in the Disney adaptation. Lycan defeats her by blowing away the tower she is perched on, making her fall to her death- but she survives, so the townspeople finish her off instead.
- Do with Him as You Will: After already falling off a great height, the now-powerless Queen Rosina is killed by the townspeople she oppressed ganging up on her.
- Fairy Tale Free-for-All: The story takes place in Grimm, a kingdom where fairytales live. Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf are the protagonists, with Snow White also playing a major role and the Evil Queen (here named Rosina) as the Big Bad. Also included are Hansel and Gretel as well as Goldilocks as kidnapped children and Bluebeard as a major villain.
- Faux Affably Evil: Lord Bluebeard is more outwardly polite and refined than the rude and vicious Queen Rosina, but he is every bit as bad on the inside as a serial wife-killer who has no issue pulling an Attempted Rape on Snow White.
- Freudian Excuse: As it turns out, Goldilocks is such a troublemaking thief because her father, a thief himself, raised her to be one, and she hates her home life, doing things like eating other peoples porridge just to survive.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Queen Rosina is the Big Bad and specifically based on the Evil Queen from Snow White. Here, she eats children for Immortality and is cruel to her citizens.
- Immortality Immorality: Queen Rosina attempts to be beautiful forever by eating children for their youth, and it is mentioned more than once that her desire to cheat death is foolhardy and doomed to fail.
- Little Red Fighting Hood: Though not initially this, Red gradually becomes this as part of her Character Development. It starts when she stabs a guard in the neck, killing him, and goes from there.
- Scullery Maid: Snow White is reduced to this by Queen Rosina, who even repeatedly refers to her as a scullery maid.
- Wicked Witch: Rosina is often called a witch and does have many witch-like powers. She was also the child-eating witch from Hansel and Gretel.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: Queen Rosina is considered this, and her Child Eater activities are to keep herself young so she remains the one with this title. This insecurity also causes her to abuse Snow White, who Rosina fears is more beautiful than her.