Gregory Despair Show is an in-progress crossover fanfic between Gregory Horror Show and Danganronpa, placing Gregory Horror Show's characters in Dangan Ronpa's life-or-death situation. It's a collaborative piece done by Tumblr users Toripocalypse and Veneesla with many in-story illustrations done by a large array of Gregory Horror Show fans.
The protagonist is Sarah, the female main character of the Gregory Horror Show video game. Joining her are 17 other characters, both from the game and show, with their memories wiped. They're stuck in Gregory House and unable to leave, forced to bend to the will of Monoputa, a modified Prompter controlled by a bigger, unknown force. Monoputa uses various motives and mental manipulation to make the characters get tangled up in murders. If someone manages to kill someone and get away with it, they win the ultimate prize, returning to reality.
Sarah has made it her mission to solve the murders and prevent new ones from happening, all while trying to uncover the mysteries of the hotel. She has her work cut out for her.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: Hell's Chef doesn't need to be dragged to the stage of his execution by a chain like the other murderers; he'll walk.
- Conviction by Contradiction: How the characters finally nail Cactus Girl as a murderer.
- Creepy Child: Roulette Boy, and how. He threatens other guests at the drop of a hat and sings upbeat songs about axe murderers while he's playing.
- Darkness = Death: A blackout occurs in the third case, which ends in Neko Zombie's dead body being found.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Hell's Chef has one that often ends up in him becoming violent. He struggles to keep it in check because he doesn't want to die.
- Infant Immortality: Yeah, uh, no. The first to die is James.
- Though also played with. Apparently Monoputa and his boss have done the game with other guests at least twice before... and the winners of those were Mummy Dog and My Son.
- Lovable Coward: Guest Boy, known as Steve in GDS. He's very shaky, fearful, shy, and he Apologizes a Lot, yet he's very popular with readers because of his kind nature.
- Obvious Rule Patch: Monoputa explicitly forbids Judgement Boy and Judgement Boy Gold from using their judgements (and the apparent mind-reading they involve) in trials to find out the murderer.
- Papa Wolf: Gregory, Mummy Papa, and Clock Master. Gregory becomes horrifically angry when his grandson is killed, Mummy Papa murders someone so he can return to his son, and Clock Master flies into a violent rage when Roulette Boy dies.
- Spanner in the Works: Should Gregory regain his memories of before Monoputa House, everything Monoputa and his boss stands for will be ruined. Easy to see, given it's implied they hijacked Gregory's world off him.
- Temporary Love Interest: Judgement Boy and Sarah flirt quite a bit in the first few chapters, and she even kisses him on the cheek before the first trial. Unfortunately for her, he turns out to be the first murderer.