The story focuses on Avarian, A Space Marine that is thrust into the World Of Warcraft by an Eldar Farseer, who tells him that he has to help the inhabitants of Azeroth fight off the powers of Chaos and the Scourge, or else, The Imperium of Man will be destroyed.
Also, the author is planning to make a sequel to this. Make of that as you will.
This fan-fiction provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: The Scarlet Guardsmen find better ammunition to kill undead with, among them broken glass and scraps.
- The Atoner: Malicia. Avarian as well, for the deaths of his fellow squad mates. They manage to come back anyway as ghosts, though. Whether that is due to the Emperor's Will or they are simply being manipulated by the Power of Chaos remains o be seen.
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Keina does this literally to Avarian before she gives him a fiery speech on his xeno-hating ways. This causes Avarian to begin to respect her guts.
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Anything that gets into a fight with Avarian is already dead and too stupid to realize it. Azechral too, but he's much cooler at it.
- The fic itself takes great strides on showing how overly idealistic, comic book grade logic in Warcraft which always seems to carry the day would be curb-stomped in a setting as bleak and horrific as Warhammer. Not to mention the sheer disparity of killing power between Warcraft and Warhammer.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Avarian kills Sylvanas's Dragon, blows up a large sea monster, and is now facing an army of undead which he'll most likely survive from its wrath.
- Doomed Hometown: This is what will happen if Chaos manages to reach Saregas. Or at least, that's what the Farseer told him. Since this is the Eldar, it could be anything.
- Easy Evangelism: Whitmane and some of the more fanatic Scarlet Crusaders are quick to join the Imperial Cult at the word of their "Iron Angel", but many others are not quite as convinced and some even express anger and incredulity at this.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Avarian is outraged by the Scarlet Crusade's torturing of the undead.
- Fantastic Racism:
- Avarian is gulity of this. He constantly calls the non-human races xenos, and the humans that ally with them heretics or traitors. Of course, this is Warhammer we're talking about...
- Also, Commissar Whitemane and the former Scarlet Crusade.
- The Eldar Ranger that was observing Avarian hold the Night and High Elves in disdain.
- Four-Star Badass: Avarian has much more than a mere rudimentary grasp of battlefield tactics and military strategy, which is more than can be said for the majority of official Warcraft characters.
- Grumpy Bear: Avarian, let's recap. He's a grim, brutal, fascistic, zealous, extremist, fundamentalist post human Supersoldier war-incarnate who will not stop until all the enemies of Mankind are completely destroyed. And he's been transplanted into a fantasy setting of shining knights, smiling 3 foot tall inventing midgets, proud noble cow people, and undead who constantly make decomposition jokes that has all the moral and ethical complexity of a Disney movie.
- Avarian in spades. Character Development is oh so slowly turning him into a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, but he still has a long way to go before he becomes a straight example.
- If Avarian's opinions on what the common Imperial citizen has to go through is any indication, he's probably one of the most softhearted Marines in the Imperium. His hatred towards everything on Azeroth is understandable given that it flies in everything that he (for very, very good reasons) believes.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Garrosh, who got knocked out instantaneously when he tried to attack Avarian. There's also that Kor'kron Guard orc that joined Avarian's group, but he pulls this off with more success.
- Light Is Not Good: The Scarlet Crusade are still racist,
undead-hating bastardseveryone-who's-not-them hating bastards but Avarian is slowly teaching them otherwise.
- Oblivious to Love: When a woman makes a blatant pass at Avarian, he's clueless. He assumes from the the glares of his female companions that she has insulted his honor somehow, and considers killing her.
- Oh, Crap!:
- The reactions of many enemies to Avarian.
- What Sylvanas was essentially thinking when her apothecary's poison didn't work on Avarian.
- Physical God: The night elf denizens see him as this, while the rest of the races see him as a living weapon of mass destruction.
- Plot Tumor: The story has been lingering on the Scarlet Crusade thing for some time now. What happened to the keeping the Alliance and the Horde together part of his quest?
- Powered Armor: Other than the obvious, the Scarlet Crusade experimented with enchanting armors on some of their knights, and Avarian dubs them Terminators.