The story starts with Fleur de Lis having just been kicked out into a heavy storm by her boyfriend, Prince Blueblood, after breaking up with him, thinking herself an idiot for thinking she could change him. She then realizes she left her coat, along with the key to her apartment and her taxi fare in his house, prompting another round of facehoofs.
She then walks home through the pouring rain, hoping her landlord will let her in, before encountering Fancypants, who offers to take her to his home and give her a bed for the night in return for fulfilling a simple request later.
Has nothing to do with The Rolling Stones song of the same name.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Angry Hoof Shake: Fleur gives one to a passing taxi after it hits the puddle she's standing next to and takes what's left of her dignity.
- Facehoof: Fleur giver herself several at the beginning after realizing what a mistake it was to go out with Blueblood, and a few more when she realizes she left her coat and taxi fare at his place.
- Good Samaritan: Fancypants proves himself to be one when he provides Fleur with warmth and shelter, and asks for comparatively little in return.
- I Can Change My Beloved: Why Fleur stayed with Prince Blueblood as long as she did. Needless to say, she really couldn't, and it culminates in her out in the rain at the beginning of the story.
- Minimalist Cast: Only two characters have speaking roles in the entire story.
- Prince Charmless: Fleur thinks of Prince Blueblood as this after the end of their two week relationship. Of course, based on her descriptions of it, it was a pretty tumultuous relationship.
- Rain, Rain, Go Away: Poor Fleur ends up having to walk miles through the rain without so much as a coat.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Implied, when Fleur describes how she snapped after Prince Blueblood invited her to his home for dinner, then tried to get her to make it for them.
- Samaritan Relationship Starter: Fancypants gets a date with Fleur almost entirely by being the selfless samaritan that she needed.
- Too Good to Be True: Subverted. Fleur is suspicious of Fancy for a while, due to no one ever having been this nice to her without wanting something from her. After he reassures her that all he wants in return for helping her out as much as he has is a date, she seems to trust him more.
- You Must Be Cold: Fancy gives Fleur his coat, for which she is rather grateful.