Ghost Of Younote is an apocryphal final collaboration between Tara Gilesbie and Raven, the authors of My Immortal. In many ways, it can be considered a true Spiritual Sequel to the original, bearing most of the same motifs and themes, though it is much shorter (only one chapter, Helena) and much better written.
Hermione Granger discovers her real parents are pureblood wizards and that she was kidnapped at birth. She kills her adoptive parents and becomes a goth. She and her friends live in Cho Chang's Tokyo apartment until they snow board into Hogwarts. There, Luna Lovegood annoys them and they flip her off, but Draco sits next to them. And the story ends.
Okay, not THAT much better.
- Abusive Parents: Hermione's, who had "had spat on her, abused her, neglected her". Quite a massive downgrade from canon, to quote the author, "this is possible because it is never implied that it's NOT true''.
- Adaptational Villainy: Luna Lovegood is an evil prep that looks like Hilary Duff. Also Hermione's parents, who are abusive now.
- Emo Teen: Hermione and her friends.
- Interchangeable Asian Cultures: Cho Chang apparently has an apartment in Tokyo.
- Light Is Not Good: Luna the prep who looks exactly like Hillary Duff.