Ghost Of You is a final collaboration supposedly between Tara Gilesbie and Raven, the authors of My Immortal. In many ways, it can be considered a true Spiritual Sequel to the original, bearing most of the same motifs and themes, though it is much shorter (only one chapter, Helena) and a bit better written.
Hermione Granger discovers her real parents are pureblood wizards and that she was kidnapped at birth. She kills her adoptive parents and becomes a goth. She and her friends live in Cho Chang's Tokyo apartment until they board into Hogwarts. There, Luna Lovegood annoys them and they flip her off, but Draco sits next to them. And the story ends.
It's archived here on a dedicated wiki.
- Abusive Parents: Hermione's, who "had spat on her, abused her, neglected her". Quite a massive downgrade from canon, to quote the author, "this is possible because it is never implied that it's NOT true''.
- Adaptational Villainy:
- Luna Lovegood is an evil prep that looks like Hilary Duff.
- Hermione's parents are abusive in this fic. In canon, they're shown to be decent people.
- Emo Teen: Hermione and her friends, all "goffs" with canon defying abusive backstories constantly brooding until someone asks what they're listening to, prompting an aggressive reaction.
- Interchangeable Asian Cultures: Cho Chang apparently has an apartment in Tokyo.
- Light Is Not Good: Luna the prep who looks exactly like Hillary Duff. Double points for her lunar name, but her bright clothes and Christian routine more than qualify.
- Self-Made Orphan: Hermione killed her adoptive parents with magic; this is noted in story as being unknown to the Ministry of Magic for some reason.
- Spiteful Spit: Hermione's parents apparently did this to her for some reason.