Alex is a young human who, for some reason, was transported to Equestria after a flash of light blinded him. He meets Twilight Sparkle and Spike after waking up in the Everfree Forest and fainting at the sight of the unicorn and dragon.
He soon learns that, as a never-seen before species, Twilight is determined to take him with her to the Hoofbel Comitee in hopes to win the Hoofbel Prize for her discovery.
Not liking the implications of being discovered, Alex hastily flees from Twilight after a short chase in the Everfree where he bumps into Fluttershy, who wants to lock him away from the world after learning about Alex and his status as the only human in all the planet. Hilarity (and more chases) ensues.
And that´s just the beginning for Alex
Get Him! Is a comical story depicting every single ponys personal reasons for wanting to capture Alex, and the hilarious chases that are derived from them, since the young human likes his freedom and only wants to return home.
And also known for having a plethora of alternate endings depending on which pony ultimately catches Alex.
- An Aesop: Each pony involved in the chase learns one on their respective Ending.
- Baleful Polymorph: Between being shrunk by Poison Joke, petrified by a Cockatrice (and Luna in her Ending), and ponified by Pinkie Pie's concoction in her Ending, Alex just can't catch a break.
- Easily Forgiven: Alex holds nothing against anypony in the alternate Endings. Hilariously averted in Princess Luna's Ending.
- Imagine Spot: Most of the character tends to get these. Especially Alex.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Happens to Alex after running afoul of some Poison Joke.
- Interspecies Romance: Alex has flashes of attraction towards Rarity, much to his own chagrin.
- Multiple Endings: They compose nearly the latter half of the fic.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Each pony have this in their personal ending when they see that their plans with Alex dont pan out the way they expected.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Alex.
- Shout-Out: Alex's parents are named Muriel and Eustace
- The song Pinkie Pie starts to sing in Chapter 4 is actually a lyrically-altered version of the Johto Opening from Pokémon
- A potion that turns a human into a pony upon ingesting it. And Celestia suggesting it's massive use on humans in her Ending. Why does that sound so familiar?
- The entirety of Chapter 12, where a furious Rainbow Dash chases a shrunken Alex around Twilight's library, was inspired by Tom and Jerry
- When they are in the dream world, Alex show Luna the Nyan Cat
- Alex's ponification in Pinkie's Ending was based in Kuzcos's slow transformation into a llama
- Swallowed Whole: Rainbow Dash accidentally gulps down a shrunken Alex after a chase through Twilight's library, having caught him in her mouth. She's appropriately horrified, though Alex is unscathed from his brief stay in her stomach.
- Taken for Granite: What happens to Alex after being attacked by a Cockatrice.