Summary: Glorfindel believes in justice, in letting the law decide things. But sometimes, he just wants revenge. A dark story where Glorfindel and Maeglin survive Gondolin.
Flaming contains examples of:
- A Taste of the Lash: In chapter 7, Maeglin is tied to the lamp post, while various people do this to him.
- Corporal Punishment: Happens to Maeglin on multiple occasions during the story.
- Denied Food as Punishment: Glorfindel does this in chapter 8.
- Exalted Torturer: Glorfindel is portrayed as this.
- Force Feeding: In chapter 3, some soldiers force Maeglin to eat until he is sick, then force him to throw up.
- Revenge: The entire premise of the fic.
- Sadistic Choice: Glorfindel uses this against Maeglin in chapters 2 and 5.