Fallout: New World Hope is a Fallout: New Vegas fanfiction series by Riley1sCool. It focuses on three travelers who march through the Mojave Wasteland, dedicated to tracking down an evil Legionary. It is told episodically similar to Digital High, and acts as an Alternate Continuity prequel to Fallout: New Vegas.
Psychotic scientist London Lesley decides to recruit ex-Powder Ganger Alex Daves to steal something for him. However, Alex wants nothing to do with it. The two are eventually targeted by the mysterious and violent Iuvenalis. Allying with an NCR Ranger named Eden Darcy, the two hunt down Iuvenalis. And, by the way, London makes it clear: Freeside is not an okay place to live.
Sharing in similarity to Digital High, it was deleted alongside a good bit of the creator's work. In a surprising twist of fate, a Director's Cut and a sequel, Old World Wounds, have both been announced. The Director's Cut was posted eventually, but Old World Wounds is nowhere to be found.
Tvtropes. Tvtropes never changes. But tropes do, through the indexes they walk.
- Actual Pacifist: What Alex is before London shows up, due to what he's done.
- Action Girl: Eden is a Veteran NCR Ranger, who once took on the Malpais Legate on her own.
- Attempted Rape: NCR Commander Pierce attempts to rape Eden. London tortures him to death.
- Adaptational Badass:
- Alternate Continuity: Appears to be so, due to different characters in different positions in the story.
- Adaptation Expansion: The Director's Cut gives much more detail on Courier Six. It also fleshes out Iuvenalis a bit more.
- The Atoner: Alex was a Powder Ganger. Now, he just wants out.
- Badass Longcoat: The entire trio wears trenchcoats (Eden), labcoats (London), and dusters (Alex), respectively.
- Back from the Dead: A Courser named London is created in London's guise. It is unknown if elements of London's personality will show up.
- Big Bad: Iuvenalis.
- Bilingual Bonus: If one knows Latin, they will know "Iuvenalis" means youthful. It's referring to London's mother, not Iuvenalis himself.
- Bowdlerise: The Season 1 Re-release cuts out the Attempted Rape scene.
- Cold Sniper: Iuvenalis shoots people. It's kind of his thing.
- Character Death: Lassiter, London, and Austin all die in season 1.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ulysses vs. London. One can imagine how it goes.
- Darkest Hour: Skipped over by the writing. London's dead, Alex is hallucinating him, Eden is desperately trying to make them into a real couple, and they're headed to Freeside. It's fixed by the time after the time skip.
- Driven to Suicide: Austin Doyle, Alex's old friend, shoots himself in the head upon realizing Alex is genuinely redeemable.
- Dirty Coward: London begs for his life. Changed in the director's cut to boasting... before begging for his life again.
- Even Evil Has Standards: London considers rape and child murder to be... not so good.
- Heroic Sacrifice: London gives his life against Ulysses, trying to fight him off.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: London decides that it's time he started fighting for the cause... right before his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Hot Scientist:
- Downplayed with London, who is skinny and attractive, but also skeletal and pale.
- Arcade Gannon is certainly this.
- Mad Scientist: London is insane, and tends to kill things to prove it, along with trying to genetically engineer a Cazador.
- Mexican Standoff: The second episode consists mostly of a large standoff.
- Pet the Dog: London saves a child early on, proving he's not that evil.
- Precision F-Strike: Despite the series being nowhere near light on swearing, London finally drops the first F-bomb as he faces Iuvenalis.London: Take your fucking shot!
- Taking You with Me: London bluffs that he'll do this in the Mexican Standoff early on. He makes it a reality against Alex and Eden later.
- Your Head Asplode: A paladin's head gets blown off by Iuvenalis at one point.