Vault 64 is an okay place to live. After a nuclear apocalypse 200 years ago, Taylor Stone and his older brother Joseph are living peacefully with their fellow Vault-dwellers and trading with the outside community of Wastelanders in the year 2285. However, when Joseph goes missing after a raider attack, Taylor must leave his Vault and journey into the ruins of Portland. Along the way he faces raiders, mutants, ghouls, and himself, all for the goal of finding out why his brother left and to bring him back home.
Eventually, he discovers that not everything is as it seems, and he's thrown into "Project Airad" an idea to save humanity that's so crazy it just might work.
The chapters of this story can be found here: 
Fallout: Fallen Leaves contains examples of:
- Badass Family: Seems to be the case, as Taylor manages to fight his way through the Portland Wasteland and his brother manages the same as well.
- Badass Longcoat: Taylor's jacket. He made it himself
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Averted. Jaren is a horribly deformed ghoul, yet one of the most morally good-driven characters in the series.
- Big Bad: Noticeably absent for a Fallout story. It's moreso focused on character development.
- Big Brother Worship: Taylor to Joseph later in the series, when he discovers all that he's been accomplishing. However, this case is a bit complicated, because it mostly involves Taylor feeling insecure in comparison to Joseph, who is a Teen Genius.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Taylor has this reaction after Jaren dies.
- Crapsack World: Naturally, for the Fallout universe.
- Downer Ending
- Drugs Are Bad: Joseph's belief of chems and Taylor's realization as he slowly becomes addicted to Med-X.
- Fantastic Drug: Drugs such as Jet, Mentats and Med-X are commonly used in the Wasteland to supplement combat skills. In fact, Taylor gets addicted to Med-X after breaking his leg, using the drug to manage the pain.
- MacGyvering: In the first chapter when raiders attack the Vault, Taylor creates a machete out of a paper-cutter.
- Machete Mayhem: See the MacGyvering example above.
- Meaningful Name: Taylor is first seen tailoring a jumpsuit.
- Name's the Same: Taylor and Joseph Stone are completely unrelated to Max Stone.
- True Companions: Taylor and Jaren are this, having met in the town of Tanasbo and stuck together ever since.
- Somewhere Completely Different: As opposed to the early Fallout games, which took place mainly in California, this one takes place in Portland, Oregon.
- Song Fic: There is no direct mention of the song or lyrics, but the story is both named after and based on the Billy Talent song "Fallen Leaves".