A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction by Hell Ryden, the author who wrote The Order of Koaxia, Equestrian Joe follows the story of one Joesph Ryan Ang, a seemingly average brony who falls through a hole in the ground and ends up smack dab in the middle of Equestria. Now, he's going to set off on some wacky and entertaining adventures as he tries to deal with Ponyville's craziest citizens, find a way home, and prevent Equestria from being dragged into bloody warfare with its neighboring nations!
Drawing a hefty amount of inspiration from other fics such as Hands, Equestrian Joe is setting up conflict on an epic scale. While it's still in its beginning stages, the story's off to a good start and could always use some more love.
- Action Survivor: Joe gets dropped in the middle of the Everfree Forest with nothing but some camping supplies and his wits. But with a little bit of luck and some fun finds, he quickly shows the local wildlife why you shouldn't mess with him.
- Adult Fear: Kids (or foals, rather) playing with firearms is bad enough. But when those firearms go off...
- Author Avatar: Now, we're not saying that the protagonist, Joesph Ryan Ang, is heavily, heavily based on the author, Joesph Ryan Ang. But we're not saying he isn't either.
- It's a brony in Equestria fic. what were you expecting?
- Bullet Time: Joe seems to go into this mode whenever things get serious. Whether it's fending off Timber Wolves or saving Rainbow Dash from some Rust Beetles, expect for time to slow down as he takes aim and pulls the trigger.
- Cliffhanger: When Applebloom unintentionally fires Joe's revolver at the shed Big Mac's working in. Don't worry, he manages to walk it off.
- Cluster F-Bomb: A saint and wordsmith, Joe ain't. Especially apparent when he's still in the Everfree.
- Could Have Been Messy: See Cliffhanger above.
- David Versus Goliath: Joe vs. The Megawolf. Guess who wins.
- Fandom-Specific Plot: Brony goes to Equestria. Brony meets the Mane Six. Brony (maybe?) has to save the world. It's been done before, needless to say.
- Gilded Cage: What Joe thinks of his new place in Canterlot. At least the view's nice.
- Hammerspace: considering that he only had the one backpack Joe sure manages to pull around a lot of guns and ammo
- Intergenerational Friendship: While Joe and the Mane Six are probably the same approximate age, he and Applebloom certainly count.
- Lampshade Hanging: Done intentionally and often. Joe is quick to point out any tropes that commonly show up in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfics.
- Rage Breaking Point: Joe can handle being dumped into an unfamiliar forest. He can deal with having his food stolen by Parasprites, being completely lost, and stumbling across dead bodies. But when a few "unkillable" wolves start trying to eat him...
- Selective Obliviousness: Joe spends a good chunk of time in the first couple chapters deliberately ignoring the fact that he's in the Everfree Forest. It doesn't work out too well.
- Shout-Out: While it'd take forever to list all of them out, there are quite a few references to other works and series. Other MLP fanfics and The Dresden Files in particular get a lot of them.
- The Chosen One: According to Celestia's soul-gaze with him, Joe's got one hell of a destiny to fulfill.
- Sort of plays into The Only One. Joe finds a few other humans in the Everfree Forest, probably brought there the same way he was. Now if only any of them were capable of surviving...
- Tranquil Fury: Typically accompanies any usage of Bullet Time.
- Trapped in TV Land: Well, maybe not TV land. It could be another planet. Or a parallel dimension. It's not really clear.
- You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!: When Joe's being chased down by the Megawolf.