A one-shot fic about Ryuuko and Satsuki in the final throes of the latter's life.
Tropes for Endless Numbered Days
- Dead Man Writing: Satsuki's letter at the end.
- Foregone Conclusion: Yes, someone dies in the end
- BrotherSister Incest: Ryuuko struggles with dealing her feelings towards her sister and, as we find out, Satsuki was feeling the same.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Ryuuko
- The Disease That Shall Not Be Named: Averted, Satsuki's illness is mentioned to be lung cancer.
- Downer Ending: Satsuki passes away in the end
- Ill Girl: Satsuki and she eventually succumbs to cancer
- Second-Person Narration: The story is told with this.
- Reality Ensues: One line mentioned that Satsuki smoked, which can be inferred to be why she has lung cancer.
- Shown Their Work: The affects of cancer and its treatments are portrayed rather accurately, as tiredness and fatigue are common side effects of chemotherapy and cancer can (and does) have remissions and relapses.