Emael Mosekhesailho (English translation: "Unforgivable") is a Star Trek Online fanfic by StarSword, written for the "Origins of Boffs" prompt of Unofficial Literary Challenge #13: "In A.D. 2410, War Was Beginning".
Sahuel t'Khnialmnae, future tactical officer under Morgaiah t'Thavrau, is a young Romulan noblewoman, and an Ensign Newbie who just graduated from the Romulan Star Empire's Military Academy, when she gets an offer from a Tal'Shiar officer named Hakeev to join the agency. At first she refuses, but when her mother dies in Shinzon's coup she begins her own investigation.
- Blue Blood: Sahuel is the daughter of a senator, and a direct descendant of Aidoann t'Khnialmnae, who fought with Empress Ael t'Rllaillieu.
- Canon Welding: Tal'Aura is given the surname "t'Kaveth" and said to be a member of Kaveth Ship-Clan, who played a role in support of the Free Rihannsu rebellion in The Empty Chair. The Rihannsu novels were heavily jossed by Star Trek: Nemesis, particularly in terms of the portrayal of the Remans.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: In order, a blindingly bright light, drugs, waterboarding, and some kind of pain induction are used on Sahuel by the Tal'Shiar.
- Famous Ancestor: Sahuel is a direct descendant of Ael t'Rllaillieu's Number Two on Bloodwing.
- Fix Fic: The first half of the story is in large part a fix fic for Star Trek: Nemesis, after the author decided that "Chuck's Psycho Janeway theory made more sense" than simply playing the Nemesis plot setup straight. Hakeev theorizes there was a massive conspiracy involved that went way deeper than "some Havran rebels and a few traitors" (among other things they hid some of the key data behind a firewall), the official story blames the assassination on the Unificationists, Shinzon avoids public appearances and has his history classified because of the difficulty of passing a Reman-raised human off as praetor to the Romulans, and Sahuel very quickly realizes Tal'Aura is involved because the timing of her leaving the Senate to meet with the Tholians is too convenient.
- Foreign Language Title: The title means "unforgivable" in Romulan.
- Nominal Hero: Hakeev, of all people. In Star Trek Online the man is a heinous villain who sold out the Romulans to the Iconians for his own gain, but here he's working against Shinzon and his co-conspirators. He's not really a Villain Protagonist because he's at best a deuteragonist to viewpoint character Sahuel, but he's still definitely a bad guy, at one point talking casually about a possible reprisal genocide against the Remans.
- Torture Is Ineffective: After Sahuel breaks into classified computer systems in her private investigation of The Coup, she wakes up in Tal'Shiar custody and they waterboard her to find out who she's spying for. In an interesting variant the torture doesn't help because Sahuel is already telling them the truth: she wasn't spying for the Federation, she was trying to find out who killed her mother.
- Water Torture: Sahuel is waterboarded by the Tal'Shiar.