According to the author, he planned on this series for quite some time, but he never got along to write the first few chapters, which is why it was not released.
The series contains examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: John gives his own original quicks and tricks to keep the story fresh and prevent it from simply being a straight Novelization.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- In chapter 8, when John does the same Shout-Out he did in the previous chapter, he gets directly scolded by Eddy.
- In chapter 9, Eddy wonders what Edd's thinking. When John shows him, Eddy directly thanks John.
- In chapter 10, when Eddy asks Ed why he's been so quiet, Ed responds that it is because John doesn't know how to add him to the story.
- In chapter 11, when Edd tells Eddy to stop stealing his lines, Eddy tells him to say that to John.
- Continuity Nod: A couple of them to the Port-Ed series exist, plus a few to the show itself, including The Movie.
- Didn't We Use This Joke Already?: Eddy asks this in chapter 10 when Ed does the same joke he did in chapter 2. Ed then tries to justify it by citing the gap between the two uses of the joke.
- I Always Wanted to Say That:
- "Objection, Your Honour! *giggle* I always wanted to say that in a courthouse..."
- "Yes, we do, Your Honour! Take that! *giggle* I always wanted to say that in a courthouse..."
- I Do Not Own: John has some fun with these, starting with Chapter 7.Disclaimer: If I owned Ace Attorney, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney would have been released in the United States already. And if I owned Ed, Edd n Eddy, this would already be animated and I would be swimming in jawbreakers.
Disclaimer: If I owned Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney Investigations 2 would have been released in the United States already. And if I owned Ed, Edd n Eddy, I wouldn't be wasting my time on a fanfiction and I would actually be animating it.
Disclaimer: Of course I own everything! In fact, I am personally head in chief of the staff behind Gyakuten Saiban 5, making sure it is released in the states before Japan, because fuck Japan! It's all about America, fuck yeah! Nobody's believing me.
Disclaimer: I am now the co-writer for Ed, Edd n Eddy Highschool! How cool is that? So I now own all of the characters! Yeah, right, as if you'll fall for that ol' trick.
Disclaimer: I own everything. I am also an alicorn. I'm just kidding, of course. I'm a male, and alicorns are only female as far as I know.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Very early on, minor spoilers to the ending of Port-Ed 2 exist, such as the Eds having their ASHPDs and Edd having his Companion Cube. The last plot point may not be as surprising for those who finished Portal 2, but the first one is. Oh yeah, and Port-Ed 2 is not even halfway done yet.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Ed, Edd n Eddy + Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney + Portal. This was justified as taking place after John's previous series.
- Note From Ed: When Ed claims he's reading John's script, John quickly notes that he has no script.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Sadly, John does not grasp the character's personalities and actions most of the time, so they are bound to be out of character most of the time.
- Parrot Expo-WHAT?: Eddy doesn't know how to pronouce "embrasser", his first guess is "An emb-what now?"
- Chapter 1 has Eddy playing a round of Team Fortress 2 on his computer. Obviously, he's playing as the Scout.
- Chapter 2 contains a reference to The Annoying Orange Courtroom Episode. Word of God states he's attempting to make this a Running Gag.
- Since the story takes place after Port-Ed 2, many references to the Portal series exist, such as the Eds having ASHPDs in their possession. This does, however, spoil the ending of the story they come from (it's not finished yet, by the way). Word of God states that Edd does have a Companion Cube and it will show up soon. In addition, Eddy's portal gun has a button that disables both portals, like in Portal: The Flash Version.
- The following sequence in chapter 4 is (mostly) taken from Turnabout Storm (original follows for reference):Maya: The trial's tomorrow... at 10:00.
Eddy: What?! Ya mean "tomorrow" tomorrow?
Maya: Yes. "Tomorrow" tomorrow.
Phoenix: When is the trial, anyway?
Twilight: Oh... Tomorrow morning...
Phoenix: TOMORROW MORNING!? As in "tomorrow" tomorrow?
Twilight: Yup. "Tomorrow" tomorrow.
- In chapter 7 and chapter 8, when Eddy yells "Hold the phone!", this vector image from Sheep in the Big City is added, as a reference to a Running Gag on that show. The second time this happens, the author gets called on by Eddy.
- A mess-up of John's part in chapter 9 has him initially register the Floor Plans in the Court Record as "EDD!PLAN BAG FUCK".
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Eddy seems to be the one who swears the most, if not the only one.
- Surprisingly Good English: Believe it or not, English is John's second language. It helps that he self-learned it from television, which was how he learned how to read from his mother tongue too.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: John claims he totally did not get the idea from this other crossover (that fic's dead btw).
- Word Schmord: Chapter 8 has Eddy giving out Coincidence, shmoincidence.