Ed, Edd, Eddy, n Edna is a non-supernatural spin-off of "The Grim ED-ventures of Ed, Edd, n Eddy" that answers the question "What if Edna existed in the "Ed, Edd n Eddy" canon as Nazz's Cousin?" Stuff will happen! Written by Technomaru.
The friendship of the three male Eds and Edna all started when Eddy tried to buy a dirty movie off eBay by using the money he earned from his "devil fruit scam". Nazz's cousin Edna moves to the cul-de-sac and wanted friends, sure enough meeting the Eds made her day. However during an incident involving the Kankers, she noticed that one of them was treated by the other two. It took Edna alot of quick thinking but she manages to befriend May Kanker and win the trust of her male Eds.
However with most of the summer spent on being pals, making a new friend in Rachel Carlyle, and avoiding the other Kanker Sisters, there was the arrival of a new girl gang from Lemon Brook named "The Killer Sisters" and they are totally obsessed with destroying the Kankers and ruling their turf... plus Rachel has a history with them. So it took the combined efforts of the 4 Eds, the kids, and the kankers (and a rickroll) to get rid of them... but they swear revenge.
Note that many of the character tropes that described the cast in the original Ed, Edd n Eddy series are still applicable.
Some of the characters in this fanfic have spun off into the horror comedy fanfic Courage the Cowardly Dog JR
Tropes that appear in the series:
- Blithe Spirit: Edna's arrival at the cul-de-sac spirals newfound, previously unlikely friendships among the children and prompt May to break free of her Big Sister Bullyies and befriend the others.
- Butt-Monkey: The fic puts Kevin through many a Humiliation Conga to make up for all the times he beat up the Eds and got away with it.
- Crossover: with The Aspie Girl, with Jennifer's cameo appearance.
- Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show join in the final fight for no apparent reason other than giving the Killer Sisters what they deserve.
- Whenever a cult who obsesses over making women fat appears, Ollie Williams appears, labelling them as "chubbychasers" in his loud, direct, alchohol-induced way of speaking.
- The cast of One Piece appear as the opposing team in the hockey chapter. In the same chapter, the cast of ''The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya appear in a commercial.
- Don Patch bums around Peach Creek ever since his series ended.
- Distinguishing Mark: Edna's most distinguishing feature happens to be a small beauty mark beneath her left eye. Word of God states it was based on the beauty mark possessed by Konata Izumi.
- Even Evil Has Standards:
- The Kankers think the Killers are even worse than themselves, plus they are repulsed by the fact that they smoke cigarettes and Julie's obsession with fires.
- Everyone knows that Kevin, Sarah, and the Kankers dislike Eddy's older brother and the way he treats him but surprisingly, Julie Killer sees him as a "bunghole" and admits she treats her siblings much better.
- Word of God admits the Killer Sisters' acts of violence are mostly all talk but when they discovered their counterparts from the fanfic "Courage the Cowardly Dog Jr." actually caused a prank that resulted in the victim to die of heart failure they were disgusted and horrified.
- Everyone Has Standards: The Cul-De-Sac kids form a lynch mob and beat up Kevin after he insults Jennifer.
- Humiliation Conga: Kevin is put through hell and back throughout the fic, starting with Edna exposing why he always refers to the Eds as dorks: it's to compensate for his insecurities over the size of his own "dork".
- I Just Want to Have Friends:
- Rachel is a shy character with a Dark and Troubled Past involving the Killer sisters, and was quite eager to befriend the Eds and the rest of the cul-de-sac once she first appeared.
- May also sought acceptance from others and arguably just wanted to be loved.
- Jennifer herself feels isolated due to her Asperger's and tries desperately to establish friendships among the cul-de-sac.
- Official Couple: Quite a few:
- For one thing, there's the Eds and the Kimono siblings (Ed/Kasumi, Edd/Hikari, Eddy/Ryoko, and Edna/Kitaro).
- Much, much later comes Kevin/Lee, after Lee sustained a blow to the head that made her beautiful.
- Otaku Surrogate: Edna and Rachel are both Gamer Chicks who enjoy a diverse variety of comics and manga.
- Parody Sue:
- Much of the Ed, Edd n Eddy fandom perceives Edna this way, considering that she was an original character specifically designed to serve as the fourth Ed and effortlessly resolve their ongoing struggles.
- Word of God claims this was because of how furious he got from playing the Gameboy Advance game "Ed, Edd, n Eddy: Jawbreakers" not only was the game difficult but he despised the ending (saying something to the effect of "you're supposed to win the game") and as a result he created Edna to make sure they win more than usual.
- At the end of the fic, the fanfic powers-that-be have the whole fic shut down. It was rebooted shortly thereafter, turning Edna into Edd's cousin, but only one chapter has been posted, and to date, appears to be a Dead Fic.
- Shout-Out: Too many to count, but here are a few:
- Ed's favorite horror comic book series is Creepshow.
- In a scene lifted from The Grim EDventures of Ed, Edd n Eddy, Edna scams Eddy by selling him a tape on eBay that is claimed to be a pornographic video of Denise Crosby. It turns out to be Help!... It's the Hair Bear Bunch!
- This is a parody of the beginning of the Adult Swim pilot "Welcome to Eltingville" right down to the quote "That's not Tasha Yar naked! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!"
- There is a whole chapter putting the Eds into the main roles of Yellow Submarine.
- At one point, the male Eds are seen by Edna as The Three Stooges.
- Edna's happy place involves her dancing to 99 Luftaballoons.
- The male Eds' respective love interests are based on anime characters. For example, Eddy's love interest, Ryoko, is based on the character of the same name from Tenchi Muyo!.
- During the hockey chapter, the Killer Sisters sing "In The Dark of the Night" from Anastasia. You are forgiven for reading the song with the voice of Jim Cummings.
- In the same chapter, Haruhi Suzumiya and co. appear in a commercial, and One Piece characters appear as the opposing team.
- Another chapter retells the Town Musicians of Bremen with the Eds filling the roles.
- A chase scene inside the Kankers' trailer involves liberal use of The Benny Hill Show gags, which is even lampshaded by Nazz.
- A shopping trip involves several of the female characters singing "Holiday Road", a song best-known for its appearance in National Lampoon's Vacation.
- Eddy tries to make videos for Jackass. They all get rejected, and Eddy and Ed end up indisposed.
- Yet another chapter parodies "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, though throughout the song, it is stressed that the song is called "Chiller", not "Thriller", mainly to avoid incurring legal repercussions.
- Take That!:
- The WG Cult is meant to make fun of sickos who like seeing women being super mega obese.
- The Quiet One: Shy, wishy-washy little Rachel.
- Those Two Guys: contrasted with their respective roles in the actual show, Sarah and Jimmy seem to fade more into the background throughout the fanfic.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: The Killer Sisters are actually 11, they pick fights with the Kanker Sisters who are ages 13, 14, and 15, smoke, cause all sorts of destruction, and are pretty violent.