After a long day of ruling Equestria, the Royal Sisters need a chance to unwind. Luna's solution is a few glasses of her once famous Moonshine, a drink distilled from moonlight. Celestia has been sober for a thousand years, but the temptation to have "just one" glass proves too great. Yet, when that one glass turns into several, it's Twilight who will have to deal with the princesses when theyre drunk off their flanks.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy:
- When Celestia and Luna were being drunk from all the moonshine Luna had created, they started to act very stupid, such as Celestia eating Poison Joke and Luna continuing on making moonshine, even though she was clearly asked not to drink any more of them.
- In the sequel A Mug of Hard Cider, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Celestia (again) were running around Ponyville in the dark, acting uncontrollably stupid, such as Celestia playing a staring contest with her own reflection.
- Butt-Monkey: Twilight. She had to act like a responsible guardian for her drunk mentor and princesses, and in the sequel, two of her very competitive friends. It was a wonder how she didn't break down that much.
- Drowning My Sorrows: The very reason why alcohol was banned in Equestria for a millennium. Celestia was so depressed after banishing her sister that she shirked her duties to drink alcoholic beverages and run around Canterlot while drunk.
- No More for Me: Applejack's decision after her, Rainbow Dash's and Celestia's drunken night was to refuse any more alcohol in her cider.
- Old Shame: Celestia being drunk and ignoring her duties immediately after Nightmare Moon's banishment.
- Only Sane Man: Twilight, particularly when her princesses and two competitive friends were drunk stupid.
- Sentimental Drunk: Celestia became one after her too many moonshines and started tearfully describing how she feels about Luna's banishment 1,000 years ago.