Don't Do Brains! is a Worm canon divergence fanfic by Idiom Alpha where Panacea's attempts to cure Glory Girl go even worse than they did in canon when she decides to move Vicky's brain into Tattletale's body. Nobody, including Amy, is happy about how this turns out.
This fic provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: Even if Victoria survives everything else and makes it home, her new body and Carol's trust issues will destroy their relationship.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: After her Dying Moment of Awesome and a final farewell to her friends, Tattletale's last few seconds are spent crying and begging Amy not to kill her.
- And I Must Scream: Par for the course when you manage to genuinely piss off Regent.
- Big Damn Heroes: After waking up, Grue blindsides Amy and steals her powers to free the other Undersiders from her control.
- Confusion Fu: The fact that Victoria isn't using her own body or powers makes her impossible for Jack to read, allowing her to kill him.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Word of God explains how everything Tattletale said before Amy killed her was carefully calculated to ensure she spared the other Undersiders and reversed the Mind Rape she had pulled on Victoria.
- Funny Background Event: At the shelter, Aisha decides to indulge her artistic side:Imp started carving elaborately crude graffiti on the walls near me, with lots of arrows and, uh, phallic imagery. It took an embarrassing amount of time for me to realize that all the graffiti was pointing at me, and that taken together it spelled out 'beware of crazy bitch'.
- Moral Event Horizon: Every character, including Amy herself, agrees Amy crossed it at some point, but they don't all agree on when.
- Neighborhood-Friendly Gangsters: Amy and Victoria are both surprised to find out the Undersiders fall into this category.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Out of all the changes Amy made to the Undersiders' brains, the only one motivated purely by a desire to help the person she was affecting was when she restored Regent's ability to feel emotions. It was also pretty much the cruelest thing anyone could have done to him.
- Not So Stoic: Taylor breaks down in tears when she thinks Victoria is lying to her about Lisa still being "alive" in her head, severely freaking out Amy.I could hear someone crying, and was startled by the realization that it was Skitter. I'd never heard her cry before. Not even after Leviathan.
- Poor Communication Kills: If Amy had known that Tattletale's attempt to offer Victoria "water" was a lie intended to let Amy touch her, the entire plot would have been avoided.
- Something Only They Would Say: Victoria tries to do this to prove she's in contact with Lisa, but Taylor assumes she's just using Tattletale's power.
- Something They Would Never Say: Victoria's first attempt to impersonate Tattletale almost blows up in her face because she talks like a stereotypical Bond villain instead of a sixteen-year-old smartass.
- Why Don't Ya Just Shoot Him?: One of the most common criticisms of the story is that Tattletale should have just shot Amy without warning instead of ordering the other Undersiders to attack her.