A Fanfic adaptation of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest starring Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. It can be found here.
List of Tropes appearing in Diddy's Kong Quest:
- Abnormal Ammo: Diddy and Dixie each wield one of the peanut popguns from Donkey Kong 64. The coconut cannon is also mentioned briefly.
- Alliterative Title: Going beyond the games it is based upon: eight of the ten chapters have titles that are the (already alliterating) names of the world they cover with some extra words added:
- Crashed in the Crocodile Cauldron
- A Kiss in Krazy Kremland
- Kongs Causing Chaos in K. Rool's Keep
- Chapter Six takes this Up to Eleven: Interlude Involving Infuriating Indecisiveness, Immolation by Insects, Inability to Intervene in Improper Immersion in Ichor, and Illogical Investigation in Illboding Apiary.
- Amusement Park of Doom: Krazy Kremland. The rollercoasters are described as "not all of [them] were always completely lethal to all those who rode them."
- Battle Couple: The two main characters.
- Berserk Button: Whatever you do, never make fun of K. Rool's first name Kermit.
- Convection Schmonvection: Unlike the original game, Averted with the Crocodile Cauldron and the lava level in the Lost World. Both of them are described as a complete hell, and the only way Diddy and Dixie survive them is by staying far from the lava.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dixie.
- Distressed Damsel: Dixie, in chapter 6. Chapter 7 and 8 focus mainly on her, probably to allow her to regain her Action Girl status afterwards.
- Oh, Crap!: In chapter 10, when Diddy sees some Zingers approach them.
- Rhino Rampage: Both times Rambi appears, he does this. He even quotes Starfox Adventures the first time: "Get on my back. Let's do some damage!"
- Shout Out: Quite a lot of them. To Starfox Adventures, Monkey Island, Star Wars, among others
- Totally Radical: Funky Kong.
- Villainous Breakdown: K. Rool suffers this in the tenth and final chapter, when he reveals his full name, which includes an Embarrassing First Name: Kaptain Kermit Rool. Diddy, Dixie, and even his own henchmen stop treating him seriously, and actually laugh at his first name, provoking him to go completely nuts.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Diddy and Dixie never met the mysterious technician with the sly voice, nor do we learn what happened to him. Since the author has stated he's going to write a sequel, this may be a Sequel Hook. Or it may be a cameo by Snide from DK64.