Greg En France is a Diary of a Wimpy Kid LLB (Looks Like Book) posted on r/LodedDiper. It follows Greg's trip to France, and closely follows the style of the books.
The LLB was first published in 2020.
- Adaptational Villainy: Chirag, who in the books is simply a classmate of Greg's is Greg's rival here, sabotaging his relationship with Holly.
- Adaptational Comic Relief: Albert is just a kid in the books, but here he is a Too Dumb to Live character who thinks The Beatles recorded in Paris.
- Adaptational Dumbass: Greg believes Subway restaurants are underground and called Metros in Paris, and doesn't think that it could have been a train.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Albert is more of a friend to Greg than in the books.
- Canon Foreigner: Greg's teachers are a minor example.
- Class Trip: The LLB is about Greg's trip to Paris.
- Eagleland: Chirag tells a bar owner that he's in a free country and that asking him to show his ID is infringing on his rights. Even though he's in France.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Parodied. Chirag teaches Greg some French phrases he can supposedly use to impress his crush Holly because French is a "romantic language". Too bad Chirag is a Trolling Translator and Greg actually ends up saying, "I want to eat your [redacted]", causing Holly to turn away in disgust.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: An In-Universe example: Rodrick's garage band Löded Diper is more popular in France than it is in the States, as evidenced by Greg finding one of their albums for sale at a record store in Paris.
- "Psycho" Strings: Chirag plays these to scare Greg after he watches Psycho on the plane.
- Stock Shticks: Albert watches Seinfeld on the plane to France, and the subject matter isn't exactly nuanced:Jerry Seinfeld: What's the deal with toilet paper?
- Team Member in the Adaptation: While Rowley and Greg were main characters in the original books, Chirag was a recurring character, while Albert Sandy was only mentioned once almost every book. In this LLB, however, their roles are as the members of Greg and Rowley's team, in this case their group for the field trip.
- Trolling Translator: Chirag teaches Greg some French phrases he can supposedly use to impress his crush Holly because French is a romantic language. However, he actually teaches Greg to say, "I want to eat your [redacted]", which just makes Holly turn away in disgust.