Deku: Hero of the Elements by ShadowK54 is a My Hero Academia Alternate Universe Fic. Izuku had given up on trying to be a hero after so many years of discouragement. On one fateful night, on his way home from work at a convenience store, he comes across a medallion. This medallion, however, was no ordinary accessory. As it contained the power to control the elements, and they have chosen him to be the hero he always wanted to become.
This story provides examples of:
- Alternate Timeline: The story takes place about three years after Izuku gave up on becoming hero entirely after his meeting with All Might and never applied to U.A., thus he didn't meet most of the cast until much later.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: The Elemental Medallion grants the user its titular powers and conjure up a nigh-impervious super-suit.
- Elemental Embodiment: The Elementals who shaped the universe and gave up their physical forms to create the Medallion: Ember (Fire), Slate (Earth), Atmos (Air), Shayde (Darkness), Hydran (Water), Glacis (Ice & Snow), Galva (Lightning), Aurora (Light), and their parents Animus (Life) and Exos (Creation).
- Harem Genre: This element, while present in the description, has a slow build into the story. The Battle Harem & Themed Harem tropes are invoked as the girls are each bestowed an affinity to one of the elements in Izuku's medallion.
- Legacy of the Chosen: In a similar vein of One for All, Izuku is the ninth person chosen to be the Elemental Guardian.
- Magical Land: The Elemental Medallion contains one which houses nine of the Elementals and is the current embodiment of the Elemental of Creation.
- Pals with Jesus: Izuku's relationship with the Elementals is akin to that of an extended family, an aspect that has been shared with his predecessors.