Worried that Kishin Asura's madness would spread to the world of monsters in Japan, Shinigami-Sama sends his only son Death the Kid as an agent, enrolling him as a student in Yokai Academy.
The fanfic can be read on Fanfiction.net.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Nice Guy: When Inner!Moka first met Tsukune in-canon, she meets him with annoyed in-difference. When Inner!Moka first meets Death the Kid here, she has nothing but respect for him due to his strength and his willingness to fight for her outer-self.
- Celebrity Paradox: In-universe. On their way to Yokai Academy, Liz and Patti wonder out loud what kind of monsters they will encounter. One such monster being "[a] Frankenstein". This is especially confusing since Dr. Franken Stein, a teacher and meister at Shibusen, is based off of the classic literary character of the same name. Whether this counts as some form of Composite Character would require an essay's worth of discussion.
- The Dreaded: Much like Vampires, Shinigami are classified as S-class monsters. Because of this, everyone in the school looks to him with awe and fear when everybody finds out, leading to the creation of his Unwanted Harem and even a fan club.
- Fantastic Racism: When he first meets them, Yukari and Ruby are less than acclimate towards him (ranging from petty terrorism to attempts on his life) because he is a shinigami. Granted, given Shibusen's reputation and attitude towards witches, these accusations are not unfounded, especially when Kid's father was the one who founded Shibusen in the first place.
- Recursive Fanfiction: The original post of the fanfic by Grimlock King was deleted, with WikiSorcerer keeping it on file and later uploading it onto his account. Chapters 20 and 21 are the only chapters that WikiSorcerer wrote himself.
- Skewed Priorities: Much like his canon self, Kid's Super OCD is often Played for Laughs because of this.
- When Moka explains why she bites him in Chapter 1, he immediately asks her to bite the other side of his neck as to remain symmetrical.
- Transfer Student Uniforms: Due to the special circumstances of his enrollment, Kid is allowed to wear his usual black suit instead of a school uniform.