It's been years since the Young Ones' adventures in the Realm and they're content to leave it behind for the most part. But the Realm isn't finished with them or their families. Now two parties are faced with a Realm even more dangerous than it was the first time around. Party 1 is Hank, Shelia, Presto and Eric while Party 2 is a greater concern since the only adult is Bobby; the rest of the latter party is Eric's son, Diana's nephew, Hank and Shelia's daughter and the girl Presto has adopted. With the adults out of practice and the kids both untrained and not getting along, it doesn't look good for anyone. The Young Ones, new and old, will have to reach deep inside to save the Realm and themselves.
D&DC: Legacy contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Varla's biological father.
- Dead Guy Junior: Unintentional examples with Hank and Shelia's daughter and Presto's adoptive daughter Varla since at the time, they weren't aware of the deaths of the people in question. Intentional example in the epilogue with Eric and Diana's son.
- Happily Adopted: Varla by Presto and his wife.
- Like Father, Like Son: Eric ends up throwing himself into his work and ignoring his son just like his own father did.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Eric's relationship with his son.