When Chase uses a mysterious controller, all 9 pups get trapped in the popular video game Minecraft and must beat the game to escape.
This PAW Patrol/Minecraft crossover fanfic can be read here 
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Artifact of Doom: The titular controller is an example.
- Aside Comment: Shelly did this once in the middle of Chapter 2.
- Avoid the Dreaded G Rating: This fanfic is rated PG (K+ by site ratings) and has characters from a Y-rated cartoon, but because it's crossed over with Minecraft (rated E 10+), it's more of an aversion.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Mentioned; Skye mentioned the idea of making a skyscraper. It would be a cool idea for a base, but that would require way more diamonds than they have, as stated by Shelly.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens several times; Usually by Shelly and Played for Laughs.
- Camera Abuse: The creeper that killed Rubble also destroyed the camera, too.
- Cool Loser: Shelly is an inverted example; her Fourth Wall breaking habits can be found annoying (especially by Rocky), but is respected due to her kindness.
- Crossover: Most of the story is a crossover with Minecraft .
- Cursed Item: The titular Dualshock is an example of this trope.
- Death Is Cheap: When Rubble died, he respawned in the world spawn.
- Don't Touch It, You Idiot!: Rocky tried to prevent the pups from running various applications. What Happened?! They didn't listen to him and crashed the console, complete with a blue error screen. (Teen Titans GO! Reference)
- For Want of a Nail: As stated by the author, The entire story wouldn't have happened if Chase didn't try to connect that mysterious controller to their Wii U 2.
- Fountain of Expies: Another author created a poorly written copy of this story.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Called a 4th Wall Breaker, Shelly has various habits of Breaking the Fourth Wall, including photo-bombing the camera and addressing the audience (direct or indirect), both of which the other pups find annoying.
- Fourth-Wall Portrait: The author states that realistic dogs look crazy due to the pups looking cartoony in this universe. Will be proved later.
- Heroic Blue Screen of Doom: Downplayed and Played for Laughs: When the pups (minus Rocky) start messing with the console's files, it crashes with a blue error screen due to the console being unable to handle it.
- I Warned You...: Tracker tried to warn Chase about susceptive stuff, but he used it anyways despite his warnings, trapping the pups in Minecraft.
- Medium Awareness: Rocky was implied to have this when he scolded Shelly for breaking it.
- Original Character: Shelly is an OC made from the author of this story.
- Played for Laughs: Most examples of Breaking the Fourth Wall are like this.
- Scolding the Fourth Wall Breaker: Rocky did this to Shelly in Chapter 2
Shelly: "I'm sure the audience knows about this type of minecart. Let's check out the loot"Rocky: "Shelly! I just fixed the 4th Wall!"
- Happens again in Chapter 3.
- Sidequest: Due to the fact that the pups aren't prepared to take on the Woodland Mansion, they'll be mining underground in Chapter 3.
- Stupid Good: Out of Stupidity, Chase used the controller despite Tracker's warnings, trapping the pups in Minecraft.
- Happens again in Chapter 3: Chase dug straight down and died as a result. This time, it's funny.
- Throw It In!: More pups are planned to appear later on in the story.
- To Be Continued...: Used at the end of each chapter.
- Too Dumb to Live: Played Straight: Chase dug straight down in the beginning Chapter 3. Meant for Laughs, of course.
- Trapped In Tv Land: The main gimmick of the fanfic; Happens right after the Stupid Good example.
- Up to Eleven: At the beginning of the first chapter, Chase set the volume of his megaphone so loud that even Ryder (at the top of the lookout at the time) could hear it.