Crossed Wires by Cas is a crossover of Supernatural and Alias that sees Dean Winchester and Sydney Bristow joining forces on a search to find the Spear of Destiny, Sydney believing its another Rambaldi-related artefact while Dean has determined that it is the best chance he has to get Sam out of the Cage.
Crossed Wires contains examples of:
- All Your Powers Combined: Occurs both specifically and implicitly for both the heroes and the villains;
- Dean and Sydney combine their blood with the Spear of Destiny to open a portal to Lucifers Cage that allows them to retrieve Sam.
- At the storys conclusion, Castiel and Vaughn contact the Winchesters and Sydney independently to reveal that Crowley is attempting to use a Mueller device.
- Canon Welding: It is speculated that Rambaldi was actually a Prophet of the Lord to account for his superior knowledge.
- Continuity Snarl: Neatly fits into what was known of Supernatural canon at the time, but Sydney talks as though SD-6 is still an active threat and muses to herself that Michael Vaughn is now married to Lauren, despite SD-6 being shut down in the latter half of the second season and Vaughns marriage to Lauren only being an issue in the first half of the third season.
- Ignorant of Their Own Ignorance: Sark appears to talk to Sydney, but while he is aware of Castiel and Raphaels interest in the Spear, he has no way of knowing theyre actually angels.
- Ironic Echo: Dean and Sydney note the irony that theyve each fought a doppelganger (Dean fought a shapeshifter in his image and Sydney fought an assassin disguised as her best friend)
- Outside-Context Problem: Sydney is completely caught off-guard at the very idea of dealing with vampires and demons, to the point of instinctively wondering if Deans anti-possession charm hides some kind of technology.
- Put On The Bus: The story opens as Dean leaves Lisa and Ben, concluding that it isnt fair of him to burden them with his emotional baggage after Sams sacrifice.
- Sequel Hook: No sign that it will be explicitly used, but the story ends with the implication that Crowley has acquired a Mueller device.
- Shipper on Deck: Once Sam has been properly introduced to Sydney and learned of her history with Dean, he is fully supportive of Deans new relationship.
- Shipping Torpedo: Sydney thinks to herself that she is happy for Vaughn in his marriage to Lauren, but that potential relationship takes a further torpedo when she starts falling for Dean.