The Courtney Glass series is a series of Harry Potter fanfiction by Luke Mason. The first installment can be found here. It features Courtney, a Hufflepuff student at Hogwarts who is close friends with Albus Severus Potter.
So far, there are two completed installments, "Courtney Glass and the Castle of Life" and "Courtney Glass and the Face of Evil". The third installment, "Courtney Glass and the Faction of Light" has been started, but is incomplete.
Tropes in this work include:
- Ambiguously Evil: The Light Magic Movement.
- Anti-Magical Faction: The Light, according to the rich purebloods. They appear to be correct.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Averted, and with Voldemort himself, no less. The second he realizes that his foes have protected themselves from the Killing Curse, he tries other, more likely to succeed methods of killing them.
- Deadpan Snarker: Professor Asmius has shades of this.
- Fantastic Racism: Holtz and the Muggleborn wizards, during Slytherin's time.
- Hufflepuff House: Courtney is a member of the Trope Namer.
- Intergenerational Friendship: In addition to getting along with her teachers, particularly Longbottom and Hagrid, Courtney cares a lot for the ancient portrait of Cartesius.
- Large Ham: Professor Lochram.
- More Than Mind Control: The Imperius Curse, which makes up a large part of Face's plot.
- Next-Gen Fic
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Mentioned by Mr. Potter near the end of Face. It's the name of a chapter in Faction.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Professor Longbottom. The trope is even referred to by name in the author's notes!
- Shout-Out: The anti-wizard Muggle from Slytherin's past is named Daniel Holtz.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Courtney, and really every major character, has Bertie Bott's Every Flavoured Beans. It's even been a plot point twice.
- Wham Line: At the end of Faction Chapter Twenty when Turing takes off the bandages covering his face.