Eobard Thawne runs back in time to the Age of the Heroes, accidentally creating a ripple in the fabric of history and creating a new timeline where among other changes Kara Zor-El's ship isn't delayed, and she raises Kal-El on Earth after being taken in by the Kents.
- The '80s: Booster Gold goes back in time to the mid 80's.
- Adaptational Heroism: After Barry Allen forces him to take responsibility for his actions, serve jail time and seek help, Eobard Thawne become a genuine hero.
- Age Lift: Kara is thirteen instead of fifteen when she is blasted off into space.
- Alliterative Name: As pretending to be an Earthwoman, Superwoman goes by "Kara Kent".
- Alternate Universe Fic: Eobard Thawne accidentally creates a new timeline where Kara Zor-El and Kal-El arrived in Earth together.
- Artistic License History: Contrary to what the story says, the 80's were not the height of the Cold War, but the tail end of the period.
- As You Know: When Queen Hyppolita summons Artemis, she starts telling the story of how Diana left Themyscira in this universe, even though Hyppolita knows Artemis knows.The Queen was quiet for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "As I'm sure even the Bana know, as new as you are to the island, that I have a daughter. One that ran away from our island shortly after the turn of the century."
She did know this. When the tribes mended word had spread quickly. She knew what happened, how it happened, and what came after. Still, she let her Queen speak, not daring to interrupt.
- Crystal Spires and Togas: The buildings in Kryptonopolis are tall, multicolored, crystalline structures.The glimmering crystal spires of Krypton's capital cast an unending aurora across the upper city. The pale dome of the council citadel, imperiously rising above everything atop its mesa, shimmered in the waves of colors to those who viewed it from below.
- Cue the Sun: The Kents find Kal and Kara right when the Sun is rising.She spoke a language neither could understand, but held the infant to her her face repeating one thing. "Kal... Kal..." And collapsed into the Kents. The simple farmers looked around as the pre-dawn light began to shine down on the destruction. The Kents gasped in awe as their eyes gazed upon two rockets, one forming a deeper crater behind another. The two looked at the children in their arms and knew, they had to be protected.
- For Want of a Nail: An apparently random pulse of energy pushes Kara's rocket into the same wormhole which Kal's rocket flies into. Both cousins arrive together, and a very different Justice League is formed.
- Girl Posse: When attending high-school, Kara was followed around by a crowd of female bullies accusing her sleeping around, having bad fashion sense, and whatever insult they could think of.
- Green Thumb: Jennifer Scott discovers she can control plant life when she accidentally makes a weed grow and wither within seconds.She growled at the weed she had just pulled out of the ground. She hated that nickname! Hated it! But, she couldn't convince her Dad to not call her that. Then her eyes bugged out, as the plant in her grasp suddenly grew almost a foot in length. Her jaw dropped as she stared at the suddenly longer plant. It stopped growing, then seemed to turn a sickly yellow in color.
- Legacy Character: Todd and Jennifer, the sons of Green Lantern Alan Scott, become super-heroes.
- Mythology Gag:
- In one flashback scene, Kara mentions the Day of Truth (from Superman Vol. 1 #176) and the death of Val-Lor and the Vrang Rebellion of the Superman canon lore.
- Kryptonopolis was the name of Krypton's capital city in Pre-Crisis lore.
- When Artemis points out Amazons cannot fly Hyppolita confides Diana can, a nod to both Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis Wonder Woman lore.
- Narrative Profanity Filter: When Booster Gold arrives in the present and assesses how damaged his Time Bubble is, the narration informs the readers that "the next few minutes were filled with curses and phrases yet to be invented".
- Noodle Incident: At some point, Booster Gold observes Skeets has become snippier since the... "Incident in Egypt".
- Our Showers Are Different: Course Corrections Kara installs a "Kryptonian Refresher" in the Kent Farm's basement. Compared with it, showers are a primitive mechanism.The Kryptonian style refresher was one thing she was glad she'd had installed. To compare it to a shower was akin to comparing a wheelbarrow to a sports car. It was the pinnacle of Kryptonian science and engineering in the ablutionary arts. The Kents often came down to use the advanced Kryptonian bathroom. They didn't begrudge her a little touch of her old home.
She stepped out of the refresher in the wake of a gentle blast of warm air that dried her off perfectly.
- Power Glows: When Todd Scott puts his father's Green Lantern Ring for the first time, a glowing aura of green blazes springs up around him.
- Sweet Tooth: Martian Manhunter occasionally drinks beer, but he prefers sugary drinks. And cookies, the greatest of the inventions.Kara made a face as he took another sip. "Do you actually like that stuff?"
"It has an interesting flavor but does little else for me." Unfortunately. He would have very much welcomed inebriation during his first decade on the planet. "I usually have a preference to more sugary drinks."
"Well, if its sugar you're after then just wait. Martha's almost done with her cookies."
J'onn perked up at this. Cookies, in his opinion, were the greatest of human inventions. Though he admits a bias, especially for oreos.
- Teen Pregnancy: Subverted. Because teenager Kara arrived at Smallville together with baby Kal, some folks -specially teenagers- got into their heads that Kal was her son, and Kara grew quickly tired of explaining over and again he is her baby cousin.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Martians have developed "Autophobia" -fear of seclusion and isolation-, a consequence of being a species of telepaths.