While avoiding his cousin and the daily dose of Harry Hunting, the Boy-Who-Lived stumbles across an impossible woman in an impossible situation. How will she affect his future? how will she shape the things to come?
The fanfic can be found on Fanfiction.net.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: With Elizabeth in control of her abilities and accidentally passing on some of her quantum powers to Harry, alternate worlds are brought up and presented in the story.
- For Christmas break, Elizabeth takes Harry to an alternate version of Rapture, a world where Plasmids and Fontaine and all of the factors that led to the canon-Raptures demise never happened and the city has been thriving up to present day.
- After finding out that Narcissa drugged her tea with veritaserum, Elizabeth decided that showing Narcissa the result of her and her familys loyalties, taking them both into a world where Voldemort won and rules supreme. Not much is shown, the only things they could see being Hogsmeade (now nothing but ashes) and a mass graveyard where the Shrieking Shack used to be. The graveyard was dug by neutrals and were used to bury the failed La Résistance while the neutrals were killed and thrown in a ditch when Voldemort and his followers inevitably turned on them.
- When Elizabeth and Harry learn about the Philosophers stone, they venture into an alternate universe where the first year has not commenced yet, sneaking into the corridor where the stone is meant to be hid in before all of the obstacles and traps are laid out. When the Dumbledore of that universe finds them, he mentions that he is expecting the Girl-Who-Lived to be introduced to the school, that universes version of Harry being female.
- After spending the minimum month with the Dursleys, Elizabeth takes Harry to an alternate New York within The Purge universe.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: When she realizes that Elizabeth is much more complex and mysterious than she seems, Narcissa invites her to tea to talk politics. When Elizabeth finds out that she drugged her with veritaserum, she decides to tell her the whole truth, sending them into an alternate world where Voldemort wins. Narcissa seeing the calamity her familys loyalties will bring certainly puts things into perspective for her.
- Clarke's Third Law: Elizabeths tear-based powers are all scientific in origin, but are so alien and fantastical to those unfamiliar with her origins that they are mistaken as being incredibly powerful magic. When she saves Ron and Hermione from the escaped troll by opening a tear to a raging storm, everyone thinks she instead used wordless magic to summon a storm.
- Cool Big Sis: Elizabeth acts as this to Harry. She sees the appalling situation with the Dursleys and immediately takes it upon herself to take him in (despite having no employment, money or living situation to speak of at the time). She helps him learn how to use his tear powers, sticks up for him when Snape gives him a hard time, takes him on field trips and vacations throughout the multiverse and helps him with his schemes when he suspects that the school is in danger in any way.
- Cool Teacher: Downplayed. During her time at Hogwarts, Elizabeth is brought on to be an assistant to the schools faculty, grading papers and assisting them in demonstrations. She openly defies Snape when he is unfairly picking on Harry (gaining the respect of the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw houses in the process), saves Ron and Hermione from the troll by opening a tear and summoning a storm into the bathroom and uses Harrys detentions to teach him about his quantum powers.
- Holding Back the Phlebotinum: While she is no longer spread across the probability space, Elizabeth still has full control of her tear-based abilities. When Narcissa uses Legilimency on her in Ollivanders, she gets a brief glimpse off several alternate situations in the shop that she could see at any time (having placed a mental barrier to prevent them from overwhelming her), causing her to think that she is some type of Seer.
- Portal Cut: When Elizabeth opens up a tear to cushion Harrys fall at the quidditch match, Harry accidentally loses one of his fingers much like Elizabeth. Due to the nature of the wound, medical witches were unable to grow it back and it applies his budding tear-powers.
- Power Copying: In the process of accidentally freeing her from the containment unit she was kept in, Harry accidentally received some of her tear-based powers (later becoming amplified when he loses a finger in Elizabeths effort to save him during the quidditch match). In-turn, Elizabeth ended up absorbing part of Harrys potential magic, Elizabeth gaining the ability to cast spells despite coming from a universe with no magic.
- Shout-Out: When Elizabeth asks where he wants to spend the rest of their summer before their second year, Harry responds that he wants to go to New York. When they return to their universe, Harry asks how exactly that world can thrive when the idea of legalizing all crime once a year somehow ends all crime.
- Thinking Up Portals: When Voldemort detaches from Quirrell and goes after Harry, Elizabeth opens a tear in front of him, stranding it in the middle of the ocean.